Windows 10: Windows 10 won't update

Discus and support Windows 10 won't update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Evil_genius_nerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itmfgc/windows_10_wont_update/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Evil_genius_nerd, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't update

/u/Evil_genius_nerd, Sep 15, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't update

1. Windows 10 won't update - Similar Threads - won't update

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...
  5. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update

Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Cumulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...
  6. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Culmulative Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Culmulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...
  7. Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Culmulative Update

Windows Won't Restart After Downloading Culmulative Update: Hello, Windows Update automatically installs Cumulative Update, and now it wants me to restart. The problem is I can't. I clicked the restart blue button on the setting. Didn't work. I tried from the start option. Didn't work. I tried using DISM and Scannow, and nothing was...
  8. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...: I don't see any error messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-battery-indicator-at-100-on-my-laptop/82164c38-b8ef-41a1-a757-0272f86ede5a
  9. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...: I don't see any error messages. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-battery-indicator-at-100-on-my-laptop/82164c38-b8ef-41a1-a757-0272f86ede5a
  10. With the battery indicator at 100% on my laptop Windows 10, newly updated, why won't it...