Windows 10: Windows 10 won't update

Discus and support Windows 10 won't update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Evil_genius_nerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itmfgc/windows_10_wont_update/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Evil_genius_nerd, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won't update

/u/Evil_genius_nerd, Sep 15, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won't update

1. Windows 10 won't update - Similar Threads - won't update

2. Still... Xbox 360 Controller won't work on Forza Horizon 4 after Windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still... Xbox 360 Controller won't work on Forza Horizon 4 after Windows 2004 update: Hi, Many people seem to have similar issues and I haven't found any solution so far. After updating to Windows 10 2004 update, my Xbox 360 controller stopped working. I followed a tutorial to get it working again, and for the most part it does. However, it doesn't work on...
  3. Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't download or update Games and Apps: Hello, I recently received a 3 Month Game Pass Access from Discord Nitro and decided to install No Man's Sky as a test. Well, at first it started, downloaded about 4GB and then didn't continue. I stopped the download, tried restarting the download, but then nothing happened...
  4. Latest Windows 10 update error wants me to insert external drive and it won't recognize it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update error wants me to insert external drive and it won't recognize it: I attempted the latest update of Windows 10 on my laptop and it's stuck. At the start it asked to make room by inserting a USB drive with at least 10g which I did. After much time, the download was complete and I started the update only to have it error out. The error...
  5. Windows 10 thinks my custom font is a system font, won't let me delete or update it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 thinks my custom font is a system font, won't let me delete or update it: I built a font. Been using it for 2 years in Windows 10. Suddenly Windows gave me a warning that I can't delete it because its a system font. Obviously it's not a system font. But this means I can't change it at all. I added some glyphs and want to update it, but even after...
  6. Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings

Windows Update won't load in Update & Security Settings: [IMG] Windows Updater doesn't load at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-wont-load-in-update-security/00f75d9a-dd77-483a-8207-90f8e6037a3f
  7. I downloaded the new update and now my laptop won't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I downloaded the new update and now my laptop won't work!: Hello, So recently, I did the new update. For a day afterwards all my laptop was doing was showing a black screen. Then it would work but it was working extremely slow and rarely connected to wifi. Just today it stopped all function and restarted itself the screen was...
  8. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mandatory update won't start: So I finally got a joystick! They were hard to find but I managed to borrow one. Nevermind that it's designed for right handers and I'm left handed - I'll make do. Anyway, now I'm all ready to play but when I start it it says there's a mandatory update and to go to the...
  9. Windows 10 won't update

Windows 10 won't update: I am trying to update my computer from build 1809 to 1909. After attempting to update it twice, it has not successfully been completed. After it downloads the update from the assistant, it restarts my PC and makes it to about 25% then restarts again and says its undoing...
  10. Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 USB devices won't work after updates.: I have a USB scanner, printer, and a tablet and they no longer work after an update. This is on Windows 10 2004. Reinstalled drivers, updated firmware, etc... and still does not work. This is an Epson WorkForce WF-2650 with latest drivers and firmware installed. I also...