Windows 10: Windows 10 Wont Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Wont Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,New to the Forum am reaching out with an issue with windows updating. so for a bit of back story, recently I noticed that windows updates was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bigdlb14, Sep 23, 2022.

1. bigdlb14 Win User

Windows 10 Wont Update

Hi,New to the Forum am reaching out with an issue with windows updating. so for a bit of back story, recently I noticed that windows updates was pending a restart so I attempted to do so. once my pc rebooted i noticed the same indicator was still present - so i attempted again; no luck. i decided to do some research and found a 'solution"the suggested method was going into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and deleted the most recent folders there, which would contain the updated files. After doing so the pending restart indicator did indeed go away, but when I attempted to update again i was

:)

bigdlb14, Sep 23, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 wont update

Have you tried the second step?

(Searching for the error message e.g.

windows update database corrupt

is also a useful approach- e.g. finds
    Win 10 Update Database Corruption Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - where the next step is the one I suggested above).

dalchina, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Wont Update

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Wont Update

1. Windows 10 Wont Update - Similar Threads - Wont Update

2. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  3. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004: I have been stuck on windows 1909 for 4 years. Every time I click to check for updates it just says You're not up to date and doesn't have an error code or anything...
  4. Windows 1909 wont update to version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows wont update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows wont update: my windows hasn't been able to update for a while, and I cant find any reason why that would be. when I click retry update it loads for about 20 minutes, and has to go through that every time my PC powers on. I have attempted to reinstall windows 11 entirely but the install...
  6. windows wont update

windows wont update: my windows hasn't been able to update for a while, and I cant find any reason why that would be. when I click retry update it loads for about 20 minutes, and has to go through that every time my PC powers on. I have attempted to reinstall windows 11 entirely but the install...
  7. PC wont update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wont update: I got on today and my pc was super slow so i was checking for driver updates, windows updates, and things of the like. i updated my drivers but it wouldnt let me update my pc. https://imgur.com/a/m0zYWxY on top of my pc not being able to update, sfc doesnt work and dism...
  8. PC wont update

PC wont update: I got on today and my pc was super slow so i was checking for driver updates, windows updates, and things of the like. i updated my drivers but it wouldnt let me update my pc. https://imgur.com/a/m0zYWxY on top of my pc not being able to update, sfc doesnt work and dism...
  9. PC wont update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Microsoft Display Adapter wont connect so cant update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Display Adapter wont connect so cant update: I have a MS wireless display adaptor however it is needing an update. Currently on V2.0.8350 however it is clear from the app and other wireless display adaptors it needs updating. In order to update it needs connected however I can not connect in the first place to then do...