Windows 10: Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors...

Discus and support Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my computer's screen is turned off due to inactivity, I can't wake it back up again - the only way to use it is to hold down the power button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Litespeed04, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors...

When my computer's screen is turned off due to inactivity, I can't wake it back up again - the only way to use it is to hold down the power button and force a shutdown.

Due to this problem and a few others, I just did a complete reinstall of Windows. At this time, I barely have anything installed as I'm just starting to reconfigure everything.

FYI: Before I did a clean install I had two other issues, which I have not yet been able to replicate but won't be surprised if they reappear. I mention these in case they are related to the item above:

- Plugging into HDMI for a projector or my docking station for multiple monitors would cause multiple instances of excel to open and open Quickbooks. No other programs would open but just these. However, a blank outlook email message would frequently open, that I couldn't write into but would have to close. This would happen about 80% of the time I plugged in.

- Upon fresh restart, my two external monitors nearly always work perfectly. During the day however (sometimes within 30 minutes sometimes a day later) suddenly they will disconnect and reconnect. The computer makes the sound as if the dock has been unplugged. I've used 3 different docs (2 dell and 1 other brand) and the problem happened with all of them. They will start to go on and off every few minutes and eventually get so bad you can't get more than a second of work done (literally). The only solution is to restart.

Specs:

Dell Precision M3800

Intel i7-4712HQ 2.3GHz

16GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Currently installed:

Office 365

Onedrive

Dropbox

Chrome

Drive File Stream

G Suite Sync

Intel Drivers for this computer model

:)

Litespeed04, Nov 5, 2018

2. Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector

I can no longer Duplicate Display on an external monitor & a projector. This function stopped working after the latest Windows 10 update.

I can still detect two video sources external to the laptop, but cannot have the same video on both monitors simulateously.

KenSleeman, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Installed Windows 10 but cant connect to my external monitor via projector mode

Any advice on how to connect with and external "wired" projector using Windows 10? I clicked on the windows button + P and it showed me the option but it's only allowing me to connect to a wireless monitor and I have one with a cable.

Joe Fink II, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors...

External Monitors and Ethernet connection--Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Drivers for basic functions like storage, networking, input, and display come with Windows. As this version of Windows is still in development stage, some devices might not work correctly.

You can try running the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Follow these methods.

• Press Start, type troubleshooter
      and choose Troubleshooting from the list.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try all the steps from the following link: (Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Connect a second monitor or projector

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Also refer to the link: Get the best display on your monitor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors...

1. Windows 10 Won't Wake; Connecting Projector Opens Excel/Quickbooks; External Monitors... - Similar Threads - Won't Wake Connecting

2. External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue: I've tried all the steps to troubleshoot. This happens every 18 months or so. I can't fix it. Need help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitors-wont-connect-recurrent-issue/b90b6a19-c17e-4e45-9c1c-eaed17d46cdb
  3. External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue: I've tried all the steps to troubleshoot. This happens every 18 months or so. I can't fix it. Need help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitors-wont-connect-recurrent-issue/b90b6a19-c17e-4e45-9c1c-eaed17d46cdb
  4. Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickbooks won't open after Windows 11 Update: Every time I attempt to open or process the payroll services, QuickBooks reports that Internet Explorer is turned off in Windows. It happens just after upgrading Windows to the 11 version. The latest update of Windows might have removed Internet Explorer because it moved to...
  5. Is there a Microsoft Excel integration or add-on that seamlessly connects with QuickBooks...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Microsoft Excel integration or add-on that seamlessly connects with QuickBooks...: I recently wrote a comprehensive blog post on this topic, where I discuss about QuickBooks Tool Hub . If anyone is interested in exploring this further, you can find the full article CLICK HERE https://qb.support/quickbooks-tool-hub/. I'm eager to learn from the community's...
  6. Is there a Microsoft Excel integration or add-on that seamlessly connects with QuickBooks...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a Microsoft Excel integration or add-on that seamlessly connects with QuickBooks...: I recently wrote a comprehensive blog post on this topic, where I discuss about QuickBooks Tool Hub . If anyone is interested in exploring this further, you can find the full article CLICK HERE https://qb.support/quickbooks-tool-hub/. I'm eager to learn from the community's...
  7. External monitor is not connecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor is not connecting in windows 10: After recent update my laptop is not detecting external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-connecting-in-windows-10/24590d76-c527-4ce4-a25c-38bb72e97a9f
  8. Reports from quickbooks to excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reports from quickbooks to excel: Reports from Quickbooks to excel, computer will not do an excel worksheet but will download in a csv file? not enough memory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reports-from-quickbooks-to-excel/03ec4441-4bad-44ca-aae4-fc48b12c084d
  9. Connecting a projector to Windows 10

Connecting a projector to Windows 10: Hi, I'm trying to connect a projector, the Ragu Z400 Mini Projector, to my Windows 10 computer. Currently, I have 2 monitors; one is plugged into the displayport on my graphics card 1060 ti while the other is plugged into HDMI on the same graphics card. My projector can be...
  10. display on monitor / projector

display on monitor / projector: Today our computer refused to connect with the projector we've been using for several months now. We use a Belkin to go from computer to the vga input of the projector. Now whenever the Belkin is plugged in to the computer, the computer's monitor goes blank; this would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wont wake from sleep when connected to projector