Windows 10: Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For the past few weeks my laptop won't wake up from sleep. When I try to wake it the power light turns on red and stays red (usually it only shows red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by NickManuel, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

For the past few weeks my laptop won't wake up from sleep. When I try to wake it the power light turns on red and stays red (usually it only shows red for a few seconds when waking from sleep or during POST then turns blue when windows takes over) and the screen stays dark. The only thing I can do is hold the power button to force shutdown, turn it on it repeats the same red light with nothing else, I have to hold the button again to force a second shutdown after which it starts again perfectly normal.

I've reinstalled windows. Run DISM, sfc, and checkdisk. All windows updates are installed. I updated the BIOS, chipset and possessor driver among a few other assorted driver updates. I'm stumped, after the windows reinstall it woke from sleep once the first time but other than that it has not worked.

:)

NickManuel, Sep 16, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Sep 16, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

1. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep. - Similar Threads - won't wake sleep

2. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  3. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't wake up from sleep: My PC won't wake up from sleep using my mouse; my mouse just turns on for 2 seconds then turns off again. If I use the power button it goes into a loop of being on for 10 seconds then being off for 10 seconds then back on etc. I just have to press the power button for 5...
  4. Computer won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  6. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  7. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep - GPU or motherboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep - GPU or motherboard?: Hello. I've seen dozens of similar problems on the web, but none of them gave any conclusion - so I'm taking my shot here. The problem is, Windows 10 refuses to wake up from sleep. It doesn't matter whether it's a fresh install (with only the GPU drivers installed), or with...
  8. Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10)

Laptop won't wake up from sleep (Windows 10): Problem has started within the last month or two. My laptop, Asus Zenbook UX330UA (running windows 10), will not wake up from sleep unless I turn it completely off with the power button. I have tried, using older graphics driver, using older MEI driver, scf /scannow (found...
  9. Windows 10 won't wake from sleep

Windows 10 won't wake from sleep: After computer falls asleep, won't wake up. Ignores mouse and keyboard. To re-enter I must press the power button to trigger a reboot, which loses any work which might have been in progress when we fell asleep....
  10. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...