Windows 10: Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; OS- Windows 10 Home x64 bit - Version 20H2 Machine - Desktop PC IntelR Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzMemory - 4GB RAMWhen put to sleep i.e by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Veerabhadra Rao, May 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

OS- Windows 10 Home x64 bit - Version 20H2 Machine - Desktop PC IntelR Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzMemory - 4GB RAMWhen put to sleep i.e by selecting start-Power-sleep the machine goes to sleep but does not wake up when I move the mouse or tap a key on Keyboard.I had to shut down by continuously pressing the power button and restart by pressing it once.When PC starts the status is restored on startup including running programs.But the system should wake up by mouse movement or key press. Isn't it?any solution please, tha

:)

Veerabhadra Rao, May 8, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, May 8, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, May 8, 2021
  4. Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

1. Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - wont wake sleep

2. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  3. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  4. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  5. PC wont wake up properly from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC wont wake up properly from sleep: For some reason, Whenever I let my pc sleep for a long time, it comes back from sleep in a bad state. The keyboard is not functioning, and I cant shutdown it keeps the pc alive while the monitor goes into normal shutdown. At that point the only solution is to hard shutdown by...
  6. Computer Wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Wont wake up from sleep: I updated my laptop HP Stream Laptop while updating the computer to finish its update in sleep mode. After this was finished the laptop was stuck in sleep mode. I hard reset the computer and it launched fine. After further observations looking through the logs on the update...
  7. Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10)

Laptop wont wake up from sleep mode (Windows 10): Hi there, I've recently started having this problem when i leave my laptop for about 20 the keyboard lights stay on but the screen is black, but when i try to activate it from the keyboard or power button it wont turn on and i would have to restart my laptop. When i...
  8. Windows 10 wont wake from sleep

Windows 10 wont wake from sleep: I have windows 10 on my laptop, and it wont wake up after I close the lid without restarting it. I have tried tweaking the settings, but it still won't wake up. It is also super slow to start up when I do wake it up. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows 10 - waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - waking up from sleep: Hi all, Just joined site as got nowhere else to turn to *Sad As of recently a week or 2 now, when I put my computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep no problem. I have enabled it to wake up either using my keyboard or mouse which is fine, but I know have noticed a...
  10. Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep: after a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD i cant seem to get my computer to wake. i have my mouse (Logitech g700s) currently plugged in with USB cable and a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard. after i put the computer to sleep i cant seem to wake it. my only...