Windows 10: Windows 10 won’t work after refresh

Discus and support Windows 10 won’t work after refresh in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a windows 8.1 Acer laptop that was upgraded free online when windows 10 came out. Today I refreshed it to take it completely back to default,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jessienewman, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 won’t work after refresh

I have a windows 8.1 Acer laptop that was upgraded free online when windows 10 came out. Today I refreshed it to take it completely back to default, and now it wont start.

It only brings me to the “Choosing an operating system” screen with the options: Windows 10 on volume 4, Windows 10 on Volume 4 again and Windows Recovery Environment.

All 3 options do nothing except make my laptop restart over and over.

I tried troubleshooting and putting in safe mode but that also just makes it restart with the same result. I dont have a disc or USB with windows on it, it came with windows 8.1.

:)

jessienewman, Jan 14, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Brink Win User
    Variable Refresh Rate

Hello William, *Smile

Does your PC meet the requirements below for Variable Refresh Rate?

You won’t see the slider unless your system has all of the following. If any of these are missing, you will not see the toggle and the feature will not be enabled for you.
    • Windows 10 version 1903 or later
    • A G-SYNC or Adaptive-Sync capable monitor
    • A GPU with WDDM 2.6 or above drivers, that supports G-SYNC / Adaptive-Sync and this new OS feature
    *Arrow Turn On or Off Variable Refresh Rate for Games in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 won’t work after refresh

Why won`t Microsoft Money work on Windows 10?

I have MS Money on my laptop with Windows 7 When I downloaded 10 it said I needed IE 6 so I went back to 7

MS Money works on Windows 8 as I have installed it on my netbook. Why won`t it work on Windows 10?

Trenchards Brat, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 won’t work after refresh

1. Windows 10 won’t work after refresh - Similar Threads - won’t refresh

2. MSFT support did something. Now laptop won’t restart properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFT support did something. Now laptop won’t restart properly.: I called MSFT support to because Bluetooth/phone link was notifying me constantly to connect a device and I could not turn it off. The support agent ran a scan and compare thing , restarted my computer and closed the ticket. Two hours later, comp restarted but with no task...
  3. MSFT support did something. Now laptop won’t restart properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSFT support did something. Now laptop won’t restart properly.: I called MSFT support to because Bluetooth/phone link was notifying me constantly to connect a device and I could not turn it off. The support agent ran a scan and compare thing , restarted my computer and closed the ticket. Two hours later, comp restarted but with no task...
  4. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  5. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...: I am running Windows 10, my laptop froze and rebooted into Stop Code. I’ve tried SFC scans that don’t work. I’ve tried resetting the PC, it won’t allow me to. I’ve tried various CMD prompts given in previous QnAs on Microsoft. Most of them can’t run. I’ve tried leaving my PC...
  6. My laptop won’t start up. “preparing Automatic Repair” or STOPCODE esif_if.sys or...

7. My Screen for my pc won’t do anything, just goes to ASRock logo or Greyish screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Screen for my pc won’t do anything, just goes to ASRock logo or Greyish screen.: Yesterday I wanted to do a “Secure boot” for a game I wanted to get, but it needed that. I looked up a tutorial on YouTube and did the steps, but when I saved changes and exited it didn’t set my pc back to normal so then I looked at another tutorial but this time the person...
  8. My Screen for my pc won’t do anything, just goes to ASRock logo or Greyish screen.

My Screen for my pc won’t do anything, just goes to ASRock logo or Greyish screen.: Yesterday I wanted to do a “Secure boot” for a game I wanted to get, but it needed that. I looked up a tutorial on YouTube and did the steps, but when I saved changes and exited it didn’t set my pc back to normal so then I looked at another tutorial but this time the person...
  9. Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to

Why won’t My windows 11 show me my pictures out of a file folder or it used to: My old Microsoft used to let me see all my pictures all the time I’ll had to do is hit Photos and if they were in a file or had Jews hit the file and say open and there’s my pictures now it looks like Microsoft 365 wants me to pay for their Program to do all this. So is there...
  10. Windows 10 won’t start up after refresh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won’t start up after refresh: I had a windows 8 laptop I upgraded to Windows 10 for free a long time ago. After refreshing it to factory settings, it won’t boot past the choosing an operating system screen. I get a screen saying Windows 10 Volume 4, Windows 10 Volume 4 and Windows Recovery Environment....