Windows 10: windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

Discus and support windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I want to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 to clean install. I see download, and USB, on the Microsoft store online. However, I want to erase my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TheodoreRunyon, Feb 21, 2019.

1. windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

I want to purchase a new copy of Windows 10 to clean install. I see download, and USB, on the Microsoft store online.

However, I want to erase my hard disk, and freshly install Windows 10. Where can I purchase a copy and be legal with my product key?

Thank you

:)

TheodoreRunyon, Feb 21, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 21, 2019
  4. tops Win User

windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD

1. windows 10 won't work, need to clean install from DVD - Similar Threads - won't need clean

2. Installing Windows 10 from a DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 from a DVD: I am trying to install Windows 10 from a DVD and it isn't working. It's as if my computer isn't recognizing that there is even a DVD. I have tried everything I know to get this to work! Help!!! I have followed all of the instructions and nothing works. My computer will not...
  3. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  4. Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD

Windows 10 Issues clean installing from DVD: Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10 Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also...
  5. Windows 10 install DVD won't boot/install

Windows 10 install DVD won't boot/install: Hi Everyone, I have just completed a PC build and and I'm trying to a new install with an OEM Windows 10 DVD. I make the DVD the boot drive in BIOS, then it goes to load the disc and the Windows logo comes on and cricle dots start rotating then freezes and doesn't...
  6. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  7. Install Windows 10 from a DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Install Windows 10 from a DVD: I have my windows 10 installation on a DVD. It has been years since I had to install windows and I can use a refresher course. Is there a good tutorial for installing windows 10 from a DVD? Thanks 131739
  8. 1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?

1st time clean install Win 10 from DVD or USB?: I have my new build assembled and ready to install Windows 10 Pro. I purchased The Windows 10 DVD from Amazon just last week so I believe it is relatively new. While reading the clean install guidelines and step by step instructions, it mostly talks about installing from a...
  9. decided to do clean install from dvd

decided to do clean install from dvd: Hello guys, my laptop got stucked in boot loop so i decided to do clean install from dvd. I wonder if i can leave D: partition and delete C: and those two of 350MB and 450MB size? Will i still get that unallocated space and be able to do install on it? Or i have to delete D:...
  10. need clean install windows 10

need clean install windows 10: This was a windows 7 upgraded to 10. The pc has had a number of issue since the upgrade. Some issues i have been able to fix but some not and others are developing or worsening. I have had a number of crashes from iqrl less than or not eaqual to nonresposive pages both...