Windows 10: Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA

Discus and support Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; This is achieved by Field-Code formula in 1st Paragraph (White Font). Word Save As will reflect this if Title is blank..... Thanks to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sunny123, Aug 23, 2021.

1. sunny123 Win User

Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA

This is achieved by Field-Code formula in 1st Paragraph (White Font). Word Save As will reflect this if Title is blank..... Thanks to dougrobbinsmvp@gmail.com for great support! Details in . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-b9eab8e24213

:)

sunny123, Aug 23, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Word 365 Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox? (w/o VBA)

Textbox does not have a title property.

You could emulate it by creating two text boxes and dragging them around so they look like a single one

Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA [​IMG]

I have no ideas about your wish to avoid anything showing in print.

Denis

3. sunny123 Win User

To automate Word (w/o VBA) content & filename with template. For end-user interfaces, I should:
    ⒈ SaveAs Dialog box pick up 1st paragraph (hidden)
    containing period and formula to timestamp Filename
    ⒉Title to notify user action for formula (hidden text
    How to do above ? Thanks Ahead!
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-41ab6d6f3f64
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-5399a8db98c1

- - - Updated - - -

After more trial-and-error, more update.
    Word 365 Default File Name using First paragraph - character restriction ? (e.g. dot, comma)

How to semi-automate dynamic File Names using Default-File-Name-feature which sets Save-As-dialog-box from 1st paragraph or Title?
    My understanding of paragraph is "anything with a hard return after it (you have pressed Enter or Return)".
    Wouldn't that imply comma or dot should be recognized as part of first paragraph ?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-5399a8db98c1

How to have Word 365 pick up the default file name from the first paragraph which includes some characters such as dot or comma within a line ? Save As dialog box is NOT showing remaining 1st Paragraph after charcacters e.g. dot or comma.

My first paragraph (hidden) is as follows:

0. Cover {DATE \@ " yyyy MM" \* MERGEFORMAT} Distribution List.pdf

As Is,

Save As dialog box shows "0 Cover Distribution List.pdf" missing the result of formula.

How to show "0 Cover 2021 08 Distribution List.pdf" using First paragraph with above formula ?

sunny123, Aug 23, 2021
  4. sunny123 Win User

Word 365 How to have a Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox ?

I need to display, but NOT print, Date formula in a Shape (hyperlinked to hidden text in main body of Word) with Title for this formula.

If I can use VBA, I would use a Msgbox with Title.

Word Textbox can contain hyperlink but how to get it a Title ? I am hoping to find equivalent of MsgBox-Title.

How else to display Title but NOT print ?

Thanks Ahead!

sunny123, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Word 365 File Name Time Stamp Automation w/o VBA - Similar Threads - Word 365 File

2. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  3. Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA)

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 365 Conditional Text to depend on Document Title. How? (w/o VBA): How to have conditional text based on Document Property Title ? Different text for empty Title or NOT-empty Title On Main body of Document, ⒈ inserted QuickPart-DocmentProperty. ⒉ Define Bookmark DocPropTitle. ⒊Code as follows [CODE]{IF { REF DocPropTitle } <>""...
  4. Word 365 Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox? (w/o VBA)

Word 365 Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox? (w/o VBA): Word 365 How to have a Title (same style as Msgbox for VBA) for Textbox ? I need to display, but NOT print, Date formula in a Shape (hyperlinked to hidden text in main body of Word) with Title for this formula. If I can use VBA, I would use a Msgbox with Title. Word Textbox...
  5. Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text: Hello all, i receive a document that is always in the same format. I have to manually change the layout of the document, including adding Headers & Footers, text and horizontal lines. i tried to create a macro to run but it didn't work. Any ideas to automate this formatting?...
  6. time stamp in jpg picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    time stamp in jpg picture files: "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time...
  7. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  8. Time Stamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Time Stamps in Windows 10: I am wondering what causes my computer to put incorrect dates and times on files. today i edited a file around noon, the computer shows the correct time-internet sync'd- The CREATED TIME is correct but the computer shows a MODIFIED TIME of almost 7 hours later - when i have...
  9. Outlook 365 Time Stamp is 3 hours behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365 Time Stamp is 3 hours behind: I can e-mail myself from another computer, at noon and it will show as 9AM when received! The computer's clock is always correct. I am running a brand-new desktop with the latest Windows, Windows 10 and Outlook 365. It has always been three hours behind, although it is set...
  10. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....