Windows 10: windows 10 word ' problem, letter on key produces different letter on screen_ How do I...

Discus and support windows 10 word ' problem, letter on key produces different letter on screen_ How do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; letter on a key, when pressed, produces a letter but not the one on the key. Could I have inadvertently kit something on my computer that changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by islehome, Nov 25, 2019.

1. islehome Win User

windows 10 word ' problem, letter on key produces different letter on screen_ How do I...

letter on a key, when pressed, produces a letter but not the one on the key. Could I have inadvertently kit something on my computer that changed the letter key ' screen correspondence_ For example, I typed a question mark after correspondence but look what was produced.

:)

islehome, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Marco Gav Win User

WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION , ----PROBLEMS WITH CAPITALISING LETTERS OR WORDS

Hi Neil,

The command to capitalize the first letter of a word is: Caps word. If voice recognition is having a hard time understanding your command, we suggest that you
    train your PC. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Windows Speech Recognition.

• Follow the instructions.

For more commands that you can use, you can check here:
    Windows Speech Recognition commands

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Reformatting - Wrong Drive Letters?

Ok, do so googling about acronis True Image 11 and disk letters. Its the program I use to save all my info, and I know that people wee having troubles with the drive letters there. It was something about modifying the boot.ini and assigning drives. Anyway, I found this for you:

Change the System/Boot Drive Letter
    Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
    1. Make a full system backup of the computer and system state.
    2. Log on as an Administrator.
    3. Start Regedt32.exe.
    4. Go to the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
    5. Click MountedDevices.
    6. On the Security menu, click Permissions.
    7. Verify that Administrators have full control. Change this back when you are finished with these steps.
    8. Quit Regedt32.exe, and then start Regedit.exe.
    9. Locate the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices
    10. Find the drive letter you want to change to (new). Look for "\DosDevices\C:".
    11. Right-click \DosDevices\C:, and then click Rename.

Note You must use Regedit instead of Regedt32 to rename this registry key.
    12. Rename it to an unused drive letter "\DosDevices\Z:".

This frees up drive letter C.
    13. Find the drive letter you want changed. Look for "\DosDevices\D:".
    14. Right-click \DosDevices\D:, and then click Rename.
    15. Rename it to the appropriate (new) drive letter "\DosDevices\C:".
    16. Click the value for \DosDevices\Z:, click Rename, and then name it back to "\DosDevices\D:".
    17. Quit Regedit, and then start Regedt32.
    18. Change the permissions back to the previous setting for Administrators (this should probably be Read Only).
    19. Restart the computer.

Cybrnook2002, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

windows 10 word ' problem, letter on key produces different letter on screen_ How do I...

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 word ' problem, letter on key produces different letter on screen_ How do I... - Similar Threads - word problem letter

2. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?: How do I darken the words on desktop ? PERMABENTLY. Win 10 . My lettering is too light , hard to read. Solutions I've read don't describe fundamentally and NOT for Win 10. One Micro answer was WAY over my head not sure where it started and others didn't describe for Win 10,...
  3. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?: How do I darken the words on desktop ? PERMABENTLY. Win 10 . My lettering is too light , hard to read. Solutions I've read don't describe fundamentally and NOT for Win 10. One Micro answer was WAY over my head not sure where it started and others didn't describe for Win 10,...
  4. How do I darken the words/lettering on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 1 key is typing different letters

1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  6. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  7. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Letters of Words Backwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Letters of Words Backwards: Hello,Can anyone help me figure out and "fix" this problem? Every once in awhile, sometimes up to 10 times a day, when I type a word the letters come out in the in the right order but they don't line up in the right order. For example: water would show as retaw. The w would...
  9. Letters of Words Backwards

Letters of Words Backwards: Hello,Can anyone help me figure out and "fix" this problem? Every once in awhile, sometimes up to 10 times a day, when I type a word the letters come out in the in the right order but they don't line up in the right order. For example: water would show as retaw. The w would...
  10. Letters of Words Backwards

in Windows 10 Customization