Windows 10: Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Discus and support Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DWFII, Sep 27, 2019.

1. DWFII Win User

Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Mods--I posted this question in another thread that was several years old. i got a notification to that effect and a suggestion to start an new thread. So...

I am upgrading my computer hardware and am thinking about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I resisted upgrading to Win 10 specifically because I had numerous 'legacy' programs that scuttlebutt (Corel forums) said wouldn't work with 10.

One of the most important (to me) is WordPerfect X4. Yes, i know..."get a newer version." But this is not an option for financial reasons, alone (and i hate having to purchase new versions of perfectly functioning software every time Windows puts out a new iteration. More importantly, I have a number of macros that I sweated over and I don't know if they will work with a newer version (last time I upgraded WP they had to be re-coded, IIRC). I could easily switch to Libre Office or almost any other word processor (except Microsoft) but for the macros.

I've seen posts all over the internet that say if you upgrade to 10 from 7 that WP and other Corel programs such as Draw, Paint and Ventura 10 will work fine. And then I've seen posts that say they won't work properly. (And they won't install at all on a clean Win 10 install.)

Can someone give me a definitive answer?

:)

DWFII, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ztruker Win User

Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Run Win 7 as a Hyper-V Virtual Machime and run WordPerfect X4 there. Should work exactly as it does now. The VM will be a window on your Windows 10 desktop like any other window with full cut and past and file sharing between the VM and the host when running in Enhanced mode (I know, just got this working with the help of Bree and Kari).

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Unable to open wordperfect files

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall WordPerfect x7and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    WordPerfect x7:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for WordPerfect x7and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 27, 2019
  4. DWFII Win User

Winows 10 / Wordperfect X4

Sounds like a plan. So I'd have to reinstall WP in the Virtual machine. Would CorelDraw X4 install in the VM? With the same results?

Can I leave the user created files, templates and macos on a separate drive? Will the VM be able to access those files? How hard is it to print from WPX4 on the VM?

DWFII, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 / Wordperfect X4 - Similar Threads - Wordperfect

2. I can't open some wordperfect files. The files I can't open have a small brown square on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open some wordperfect files. The files I can't open have a small brown square on...: When I try to open my address labels for 2022 the wordperfect program says cannot open. I don't know why it won't open the file. It has a smallbrown square o the bottom left of the name and it says unable to open file....
  3. I can't open some wordperfect files. The files I can't open have a small brown square on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open some wordperfect files. The files I can't open have a small brown square on...: When I try to open my address labels for 2022 the wordperfect program says cannot open. I don't know why it won't open the file. It has a smallbrown square o the bottom left of the name and it says unable to open file....
  4. I purchased WordPerfect office 11 but my old computer broke and I have a new one. How can...

I purchased WordPerfect office 11 but my old computer broke and I have a new one. How can...: I had WordPerfect 11 on my old computer but it broke so I need to reinstall WordPerfect 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-wordperfect-office-11-but-my-old/fdf03937-2ca9-4832-8875-f362f4995000
  5. I purchased WordPerfect office 11 but my old computer broke and I have a new one. How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased WordPerfect office 11 but my old computer broke and I have a new one. How can...: I had WordPerfect 11 on my old computer but it broke so I need to reinstall WordPerfect 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-wordperfect-office-11-but-my-old/fdf03937-2ca9-4832-8875-f362f4995000
  6. Installing WordPerfect 2021

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing WordPerfect 2021: I'm running the latest version of 64-bit Windows 11 Pro II have WordPerfect X7 installed, but just bought an installation DVD of WordPerfect 2021 Home and Student, and I'm having trouble installing it. I get to the screen headed END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, but when I then...
  7. Installing WordPerfect 2021

Installing WordPerfect 2021: I'm running the latest version of 64-bit Windows 11 Pro II have WordPerfect X7 installed, but just bought an installation DVD of WordPerfect 2021 Home and Student, and I'm having trouble installing it. I get to the screen headed END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, but when I then...
  8. can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you: can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-wordperfect-x5-windows-10-to/81508d89-4f04-4242-9ed4-c26fda468798
  9. can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you

can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you: can I transfer WordPerfect X5 Windows 10 to Windows 11? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-wordperfect-x5-windows-10-to/81508d89-4f04-4242-9ed4-c26fda468798
  10. Printing Problem with One Drive and WordPerfect

Printing Problem with One Drive and WordPerfect: I’m having a very troublesome, if not interesting, situation with WordPerfect. For several weeks I have not been able to print from WordPerfect. Each time I want to print I get an error message telling me “Can not run PrintServer200.exe” for WordPerfect 2020 or “Can not run...