Windows 10: Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

Discus and support Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I log into my Windows 10 account, it appears that all is well, as I see the desktop. However, Windows will just not function correctly. Virtually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkWhiteman1, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

When I log into my Windows 10 account, it appears that all is well, as I see the desktop. However, Windows will just not function correctly. Virtually anything I try to do open a file, search the internet, etc. creates the spinning circle, which either never stops or stops without the desired action being taken. Yet when I log in as another user, the computer performs normally. I ran the various diagnostics I could find to run SFC, DISM, DISKCHK and whatever they identified and fixed did not correct the problem. That said, when I restarted the PC in Safe Mode and logged into my user a

:)

MarkWhiteman1, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine :(

Zakin, Jan 22, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

1. Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine - Similar Threads - Works Fine User

2. All wifi networks showing except mine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All wifi networks showing except mine: My friend had a issue with his computer so I tried to help him fix it, he bought a new pc and cant use it because of his issue. We have so far tried, resetting this pc and removing everything, cleaning the drive. In cmd prompt he have tried,sfc /scannowDISM /Online...
  3. All wifi networks showing except mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All wifi networks showing except mine: My friend had a issue with his computer so I tried to help him fix it, he bought a new pc and cant use it because of his issue. We have so far tried, resetting this pc and removing everything, cleaning the drive. In cmd prompt he have tried,sfc /scannowDISM /Online...
  4. All wifi networks showing except mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine: When I log into my Windows 10 account, it appears that all is well, as I see the desktop. However, Windows will just not function correctly. Virtually anything I try to do open a file, search the internet, etc. creates the spinning circle, which either never stops or stops...
  6. Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Works Fine In All User Accounts Except Mine: When I log into my Windows 10 account, it appears that all is well, as I see the desktop. However, Windows will just not function correctly. Virtually anything I try to do open a file, search the internet, etc. creates the spinning circle, which either never stops or stops...
  7. All networks showing except mine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All networks showing except mine: I am unable to find or connect to my wifi. This has happened many times before and it usually sorts itself out in a few hours but this time has been days and I am really needing it fixed today. When I go to connect to a wifi network, almost every connection in my street is...
  8. Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio works fine for playback, streaming, all audio files, everything EXCEPT for windows...: As stated, my audio works fine. I have no problem with any sound files EXCEPT for Windows events/actions such as Startup, Shutdown, error, even the "click" sound for a mouse key does not work for Windows, but the sounds are there for anything other than Windows. When I use...
  9. account that's not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account that's not mine: there is or was 2 accounts on my laptop and they are not my i WANT THEM OFF MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-thats-not-mine/b5ab0a69-60d6-40af-9e31-bc475cfdc204"
  10. Not all user accounts working with internet

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not all user accounts working with internet: I have three accounts, for some reason one of my accounts which has administrator access will not connect to the internet. I have checked all settings and ran the typical troubleshooting with router/modem/ip resets, but still nothing. The other two accounts can access the...