Windows 10: Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black...

Discus and support Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This problem has happened twice now after a fresh install of Windows 10 onto a new computer. Everything seems to work perfectly until a few minutes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jbz9z9, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Jbz9z9 Win User

Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black...

This problem has happened twice now after a fresh install of Windows 10 onto a new computer. Everything seems to work perfectly until a few minutes in and it randomly crashes. The first time it crashed I, afterwards when rebooting it, was unable to get even a Windows loading screen, it just said to insert proper boot media. So, I cleaned it then did a fresh install of Windows even managed to hit restart and it was working fine until a few minutes later when the same, seemingly random, black screen came up. Now it is able to get to a windows loading screen after the bios splash, and then just a black screen. No video output. I believe this is just a faulty SSD, but would like to hear if there are any other suggestions.

Comp specs are as follows:

ASrock z370m Pro4- mobo

Nvidia 1060 6gb

i5 8600k

x2 g.skill trident rgb 8gb

:)

Jbz9z9, Dec 8, 2018
  2. stoggs1 Win User

Crysis not working windows 10

Hey guys, so last night i installed crysis after not having played it in years but when it loads it just sits at a black screen for about 10 seconds then crashes.

Im running windows 10 64 bit home premium fresh install of the game patched to the latest version, i plan on re installing the game if need be but if anyone has a suggestion i could try first i would greatly appreciate it.

stoggs1, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Home in new SSD

I have this Dell N4010 Laptop that I want to upgrade with an SSD and use the existing HDD as Data drive. I have an original windows of digital license.

Please suggest how I can install a fresh copy of the windows in my new SSD with the existing license. And please suggest how to activate the new installation of Windows.

Fahim.Anwar, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black...

Windows 10 fresh install on new SSD

Hello Guys, I have a little problem with this automatic activation thing after adding a new SSD card to My Desktop, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 . So I do have a couple of questions. But before going to the questions I wanted to phrase
    step by step what I did, so you have a good feel of what is going on here.

The first thing to know is that before the lunch of Windows 10 I had a laptop and a desktop running windows 7. and as soon as Windows 10 came out I upgraded both of them with no problems. After the upgrade were successful I decided to install a fresh version
    of Windows 10 on each, which worked flawlessly with no issues on activation. I'm logged in both of my devices with the same Microsoft account.

Then I decided to upgrade my laptop with a new SSD Drive, on which I installed a fresh version of Windows 10 and had no problems.

After that I decided to do the same for my desktop, and I upgraded it with a new SSD drive, which I just added, I didn't remove any of my old drives. I decided to install a fresh version of Windows 10 on that SSD . I was happily using my desktop when I saw
    a message on the down right corner of my display saying That I needed to activate Windows. So I opened to activation window found in Settings and I saw a heart breaking message in red letters saying "We can't activate Windows 10 on this device because you
    don't have a valid digital license or product key. Go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error Code: 0x803f7001"

I went through the "Troubleshoot" screen which seamed to be looking for Activation problems, but I came with the same kind of message saying that the only way to activate windows is by going to the store and purchase the software.

Below that screen I saw a link saying "I change hardware on this device recently", I though this is going to solve my problem! But I got the same kind of massage, no possible to activate Windows. I saw the link See
    other devices linked to your Microsoft account
    and I click on that and I can only see my laptop listed. So I decided to try and see if I can logging my Microsoft account on a browser, Which I kind of knew was there but I had never logged in for any reason,
    so I didn't know what to expect. and There I found not two, but three devices listed! One of them my laptop, and two desktops with different names, but the same Mother Board model. I checked and confirmed that one of them was in fact the one whit the SSD card
    that I was using and having problems with, so I decided to boot with the old hard drive and see the computer name, and in fact is the other one listed.

I know for sure that the Windows 10 on the old hard drive is activated, because I always kept it updated and had not a single sing that wasn't.

My questions are:

Do I have to wait longer to get it activate?

Why on the windows settings I see only my laptop listed (this is on the desktop settings) and not the other two devices that are listed in my Microsoft account?

Please help me guys! I got couple of more computers from family that I maintain and I order a couple of SSD for upgrading them too. I don't want to have any issues with those.

JuanDechia, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black...

1. Windows 10 works for a few minutes after fresh install on new SSD then crashes to black... - Similar Threads - works few minutes

2. New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC build black screens after a few minutes in Win11: I just built a new PC. Installed windows 11 from a bootable usb. Entered a valid product key etc. After a few minutes in windows trying to download files or just browsing my PC black screens but stays running. No lights come on, on the mobo when this happens and the only way...
  3. Fresh Windows 11 install on new SSD after HDD stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh Windows 11 install on new SSD after HDD stopped working.: I want to do a fresh Windows 11 install after my HDD stopped working. There is no important data on the HDD. I'm installing a new 2TB SSD. Would it be as simple as the basic media creation on a USB to make this happen or is there a special procedure?...
  4. Fresh Windows 11 install on new SSD after HDD stopped working.

Fresh Windows 11 install on new SSD after HDD stopped working.: I want to do a fresh Windows 11 install after my HDD stopped working. There is no important data on the HDD. I'm installing a new 2TB SSD. Would it be as simple as the basic media creation on a USB to make this happen or is there a special procedure?...
  5. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  6. Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install

Random Crashes after installing new SSD and fresh Win 11 OS install: A few weeks ago I decided to exchange my M.2 Boot SSD for a new one and did a fresh installation of Windows 11. Ever since I have been getting random crashes, regardless of what I am doing watching YouTube, gaming, or PC sitting idle. When it crashes there is no blue screen -...
  7. Fresh Windows 10 Install - BSOD every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Windows 10 Install - BSOD every few minutes: Did a fresh install of windows 10 home edition 64bit and I cant do anything for more than a few minutes without BSOD. Cant determine a trigger either, also another weird thing is that the PC wont detect my dedicated GPU anymore, ive tried reseating it and installing drivers...
  8. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  9. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  10. Black screen death a few minutes after working normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen death a few minutes after working normally: I've looked at other threads regarding the black-screen issue but my problem seems a little different. Since I installed Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion laptop it boots up OK and I can get as far as my desktop. The taskbar settles in nicely and all seems fine. But if I open...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes after a few hours fresh install

2. windows 10 crashes after fresh install

3. windows 10 works for about 10 minutes then the video quits

4. install windows with ssd then it crashes after installation