Windows 10: Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers

Discus and support Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I allow myself to come back to you because we have a problem with Windows 10 workstations Here is our problem: Windows 10 workstations generate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoffreyMONTEIRO, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers

Hi,

I allow myself to come back to you because we have a problem with Windows 10 workstations

Here is our problem:

Windows 10 workstations generate traffic on our MPLS links which lead to a saturation of our links.

This traffic is generated to our Active Directory servers (microsoft-ds traffic on port 445 in tcp)

After analyzing the traffic with Wireshark it turns out that it comes from the GPO, the post seems to update the GPO every two hours, unlike posts Windows 7 and 8.1.

Here are the steps we have already completed without success:

- Sort GPOs and SYSVOL folder on AD
    - Disabling update relay on Windows 10 workstation
    - Disabling the Delivery Optimization service on the Windows 10 computer
    - Added KeepAliveInterval and KeepAliveTime registry keys in "HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Tcpip \ Parameters \" on Windows 10 workstation

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

:)

JoffreyMONTEIRO, Aug 1, 2018

2. Microsoft Windows, server active directory

Does anyone know of a good "crash course" for learning the basics for Windows and server active directory?

I haven't done a whole lot of research on this yet however I figured I would ask the community first...............*Laugh :laugh: Yea I know, I am being lazy.

stinger608, Aug 1, 2018
  3. Setting up a Logon Script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2 and some 100 users are connected to my domain, I need to push a login script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2 to all the user's machine (Windows7 & Windows 10). Please suggest me steps to do this.

praveenr_915, Aug 1, 2018
  4. RonBostic Win User

Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers

General Question on network traffic from Microsoft Servers:

original title - unknown traffic

General Question on network traffic from Microsoft Servers:

Today windows update reported that my machines was up to date with patches as of 2:50 pm.

Starting from about 3:00 to 3:30, my machine was receiving data from multiple microsoft servers. I happened to identify this as the content I was streaming was stuttering due to this other traffic.

So my question is what type of traffic will be coming from microsoft servers in the range 65.55.44 range (in particular 65.55.44.109, 65.55.44.146, and 65.55.44.54) and is there any way I can throttle this traffic or am I going to have to rely on my router.

Thanks

Ron

RonBostic, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers

1. Windows 10 workstations generate hight traffic to Active Directory servers - Similar Threads - workstations generate hight

2. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  3. Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory and Exchange Server Upgrade Issues: Hi Guys,for your assistance pleaseOur Company is currently running a Windows Server 2008 AD,DNS,FILESERVER, WSUS linked to a Windows Exchanged Server 2013. Domain name is sample.com.ph user account in AD: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** email address: *** Email...
  4. How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.: How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.I currently manually go to Computer Management and then to the user account in the Control Panel to add the local admin, but I would like to have it set up automatically for every user in my organization....
  5. How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.

How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.: How to set and deploy local admin in a workstation in Active Directory.I currently manually go to Computer Management and then to the user account in the Control Panel to add the local admin, but I would like to have it set up automatically for every user in my organization....
  6. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 Active directory: I have windows 2019 Active directory server on premises, and with the same domain name we have web hosting server hosted on AWS when we are trying to access website not able to open website in local network, if i change network it is accessible...
  7. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

Windows Server 2019 Active directory: I have windows 2019 Active directory server on premises, and with the same domain name we have web hosting server hosted on AWS when we are trying to access website not able to open website in local network, if i change network it is accessible...
  8. Windows Server 2019 Active directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Directory folder sorting / generation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Directory folder sorting / generation: Dear Community, My problem is very specific. When searching and displaying 3000 folders in Windows 10 File explorer, or Saving Microsoft 360 Word / Excel docs to that same directory on my NAS network drive - the time it takes for this is too long. Admittedly yes it is a NAS...
  10. Traffic generating (Testing WAN connections)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Traffic generating (Testing WAN connections): Hi Everyone, I am looking for a program that can generate traffic with many concurrent connections (thousands if possible). I tried using LAN Bench but the results are not consistent. This is for testing WAN connections from a main site to sub-sites. Any input will...