Windows 10: Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue

Discus and support Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with AD / domain authentication over WiFi to a W2k12 server. The WiFi connects "secured" but it won't switch to "domain" profile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rejma0415, Jun 27, 2019.

1. rejma0415 Win User

Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue

Hi,

I have an issue with AD / domain authentication over WiFi to a W2k12 server. The WiFi connects "secured" but it won't switch to "domain" profile and cannot contact a DC. When I click on a mapped drive, it says "The system cannot contact a domain controller to service the authentication request". No firewalls are on, and the dumb thing about it is that the server that authenticated the secure WiFi connection IS the Domain Controller, DHCP server, cert server AND the DNS server... Makes NO SENSE. If I put my credentials in, it instantly allows the connection to the mapped drive but the "remember my credentials" doesn't work. I have to do it every time. THe domain suffix is correct and I can ping the DC.. So can someone please tell me what the heck is wrong here?

Sincerely,

Randy

MCSE,MCP

:)

rejma0415, Jun 27, 2019
  2. djrabes Win User

Server 2012

Also don't forget to reset the account in AD Users and Computers to avoid any SID issues.

djrabes, Jun 27, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    where's WPA-Enterprise in Win10

Hi David,

It could be that there are conflicts within the network configuration, or that the network settings of your device were changed, etc. For us to assist you properly in connecting to a wireless access point using WPA-Enterprise, kindly respond to the questions
    below:

• Are you connecting to a domain server?
    • Can you tell us if you have upgraded to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows?

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue

where's WPA-Enterprise in Win10

While setting up WLAN, I can't find WPA-Enterprise from the list of Security type, but WPA2-Enterprise. However our wireless AP is set as WPA-Enterprise. I can't connect the WLAN.

DavidKing927, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue

1. Windows 10 WPA-Enterprise / Server 2012 AD connection issue - Similar Threads - WPA Enterprise Server

2. Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise: Hi,Our WIFI use WPA-Enterprise authentication with Microsoft Network Policy Server as RADIUS server. The authentication is setup to use Domain Computer and using PEAP for EAP authentication. For all the windows 10 22H2 computers can authenticate and join WIFI without issue....
  3. Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise: Hi,Our WIFI use WPA-Enterprise authentication with Microsoft Network Policy Server as RADIUS server. The authentication is setup to use Domain Computer and using PEAP for EAP authentication. For all the windows 10 22H2 computers can authenticate and join WIFI without issue....
  4. Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise: I have been using Windows 11 22H2 for some time now and all of a sudden. I could not connect to my institutions Wifi which uses WPA enterprise. I tried all fixes on the internet but it failed. I even replaced the Wifi card but still couldn't connect. I then contacted the...
  5. Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise

Windows 11 22H2 not connecting to WPA Enterprise: I have been using Windows 11 22H2 for some time now and all of a sudden. I could not connect to my institutions Wifi which uses WPA enterprise. I tried all fixes on the internet but it failed. I even replaced the Wifi card but still couldn't connect. I then contacted the...
  6. Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012: Hi,we have Exchange 2016 Hybrid server running in Windows server 2012 R2 server in Virtual Enviroment VMware. this server also has Azure AD connect V1.6 is running in this server.our Domain controller is Server 2019 in seperate server.Question 1:Now we could not upgrade this...
  7. Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012

Azure AD connect1.6 running in server 2012: Hi,we have Exchange 2016 Hybrid server running in Windows server 2012 R2 server in Virtual Enviroment VMware. this server also has Azure AD connect V1.6 is running in this server.our Domain controller is Server 2019 in seperate server.Question 1:Now we could not upgrade this...
  8. AD 2012 dns resolve issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AD 2012 dns resolve issue: hi community and supporti have an issue all of the sudden my AD unable to resolve any hostname from external but i can ping any website ip the only problem can resolved hostname so my AD wont be able to browse. i tired to reset the winsock, registerdns, flushdns but nothing...
  9. AD 2012 dns resolve issue

AD 2012 dns resolve issue: hi community and supporti have an issue all of the sudden my AD unable to resolve any hostname from external but i can ping any website ip the only problem can resolved hostname so my AD wont be able to browse. i tired to reset the winsock, registerdns, flushdns but nothing...
  10. server AD backup 2012 to server AD backup 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    server AD backup 2012 to server AD backup 2019: Dear all , I had server 2012 installed with active directly but unfortunately the HDD got corrupted but i have AD backup in folder named as NTDS. Now i have installed server 2019 on a new HDD .IS there any way i can restore my OLD AD backup folder "NTDS " to my new AD...