Windows 10: Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

Discus and support Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. This results in : 1 my son's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pi75-[xboxvenue], Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC.

This results in :

1 my son's email address appearing under "Your Info"

2 my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings.

Under "Email & Accounts" I can see his account listed but with no option to "Remove". It does helpfully provide a "Remove" option against my own account!

I only ever wanted to login to my PC using a local account. The association with any Microsoft account was not done with consent.

Please can someone explain how I regain control of my own PC?

:)

Pi75-[xboxvenue], Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

My son's Microsoft account appears to be associated with the Local Admin account (the only account I ever use) on my PC.

This results in :

1) my son's email address appearing under "Your Info"

2) my PC being subject to my son's screen time via "Family" settings.

Under "Email & Accounts" I can see his account listed but with no option to "Remove". It does helpfully provide a "Remove" option against my own account!

I only ever wanted to login to my PC using a local account. The association with any Microsoft account was not done with consent.

Please can someone explain how I regain control of my own PC?

Pi75-[xboxvenue], Jul 30, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator :(

Zakin, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

1. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator - Similar Threads - wrong Microsoft account

2. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  3. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  4. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching the Microsoft account associate with my local account: Currently my local account is associated with my mum's Microsoft account since she bought this laptop quite a while ago. But now I'm the one fully using the laptop and I want to switch the Microsoft account to my Microsoft account since I already have one. Is there anyway I...
  6. How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10

How to remove a Microsoft account associated with a local account on Windows 10: I believe this problem is the same as the one described here:How to change email associated with Windows 10 user account? - Microsoft CommunityHowever, I don't believe that the answers understood the problem, so I am trying again with this question. Both my PC and laptop are...
  7. Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Your Info is associated with the wrong microsoft account: My windows 10 was installed and setup without a Microsoft account. Yesterday I logged my son into Xbox game pass from my PC with his Microsoft account. Now his Microsoft account is associated with the default login on my PC. How can I remove his account?If I go to Settings->...
  8. Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 wrong Microsoft account associated with Local Administrator: My son's Microsoft account is associated with the Local Admin account the only account I ever use on my PC. The local account is mine and contains all my applications, settings, preferences and hours of customisation. This association was formed without my consent simply...
  9. Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue: I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have found is mostly just make another account and turn it into an admin account or reset the laptop. I want to keep all my files...
  10. change local account username associated with a microsoft account?

change local account username associated with a microsoft account?: My first name is "Mathew". On all my windows 10 devices, I prefer to login using my microsoft account. (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) On all of these devices, the default local user name is always "mathe", missing the "w". My home directory is...