Windows 10: [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:

Discus and support [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C: in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After uninstalling my dual boot deleting partition + repairing boot, I extended windows main partition C: on the free unallocated space where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crudr, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Crudr Win User

[Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:

Hello,

After uninstalling my dual boot deleting partition + repairing boot, I extended windows main partition C: on the free unallocated space where was linux.

The drive C: increased in total capacity from 212GB to 300BG; but the change has not been recorded everywhere cf. below. I have got contradictory information from Disk Management and Windows Explorer.
    When checking with diskpart or Powershell, the right capacity is responded though: OS partition C: is now of size 300GB.

Does anyone have had the same issue or know how it could be solve ?

Many thanks in advance !

[Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C: 4ccce696-3a73-4b21-a3ba-2f324ad576bc?upload=true.png

[Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C: a8d05f47-cf8a-44ab-b122-2ae60f5e5fdc?upload=true.png

:)

Crudr, Feb 1, 2020
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Extend C drive capacity

Hello Chử,

Disk Management lets you view and manage the disk drives installed in your computer as well as the partitions associated with those drives. In order to sort this out, kindly answer the following questions:

• What did you mean when you wanted to extend C: drive capacity?
    • Are you planning to free up disk space?

Be sure to visit this article on
    Disk Management
    for more information like managing disks and managing basic volumes.

Hope this helps and we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Noela Tum, Feb 1, 2020
  3. abhi035 Win User
    HTC HD7 WP7 Total capacity?

I have purchased a unlocked phone HTC HD7 WP7 (with T-Mobile logo) from Amazon.com. In Settings > About window it showing Total Storage:14.63 GB. But as per HD7 specification available on HTC site - Total capacity is 16 GB.

1) Can any one suggest me why my phone is displaying 14.63 GB?

2) How can I verify that phone is unlocked?

abhi035, Feb 1, 2020
  4. [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:

Disk Management Shrink Volume wrong capacity

I have 6 partitions on my hard drive. Under Disk Management, when I select a partition and then "Shrink" all but one shows the total capacity correctly, along with the amount to shrink and then the remaining that will be left. However on one partition, when selecting shrink, the total capacity is the sum of the total plus the free, and not just the total capacity. As such, I cannot shrink this volume without an error. The capacity is about 350GB with the free about 200GB. When I select shrink, the total of the volume shows 550GB instead of 350GB. The correct capacity of 350GB shows correctly on the Disk Management listing and boxes on the initial screen and also under Properties on the File Manager. It is only when selecting the shrink option that it shows 550GB.

Coastalguy, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

[Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C:

1. [Windows 10] Wrong total capacity displayed for main drive C: - Similar Threads - Wrong total capacity

2. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  3. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display monitor totally equivallent on the main: I got second monitor set up and it is totally equivallent on the main monitor. I am 84 years old and I dont know how to fix or adjust settings. Please provide some simple fix...
  4. Display monitor totally equivallent on the main

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I see wrong capacity for my drive C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see wrong capacity for my drive C:\: My sabrent nvme is 2 TB but here is what I see:Aomei partition Asistant:What is wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-wrong-capacity-for-my-drive-c/346d6d74-b201-44cc-8960-c166bc3a6e40
  6. I see wrong capacity for my drive C:\

I see wrong capacity for my drive C:\: My sabrent nvme is 2 TB but here is what I see:Aomei partition Asistant:What is wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-see-wrong-capacity-for-my-drive-c/346d6d74-b201-44cc-8960-c166bc3a6e40
  7. I see wrong capacity for my drive C:\

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The hard drive Capacity is Wrong.: I upgraded from a 120GB SSD to a 250GB SSD. When I installed the system image it said I only have about 5GB left as if it was the 120GB hard drive. How do I partition this to show the right storage amount? submitted by /u/nwl5 [link] [comments]...
  9. wrong info displayed on c drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wrong info displayed on c drive: So, on my c drive i have about 100 giga bytes, and of course i have used a lot of that, but today, the drive showed up as 225mb left, then i refreshed the file explorer and it said 2gb left, why does this occour?...
  10. Total Storage Capacity

Total Storage Capacity: I had recently changed users on my laptop, and deleted the first (owner) user account and noticed that the full storage capacity of my laptop was cut in half. I was wondering if there was any way to reclaim the full storage capacity. Thanks....