Windows 10: Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually

Discus and support Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The support page for cellular connection settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10739/windows-10-cellular-settings) says you can choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MVMdR, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MVMdR Win User

Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually

The support page for cellular connection settings (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10739/windows-10-cellular-settings) says you can choose between automatic and manual management of cellular networks under Advanced Options. On my laptop (Winver 1803, Build 17134.345, x64) this option is not available. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

MVMdR, Oct 10, 2018

2. Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

Hi
    Is there any way to manage cellular connections (mobile broadband) better in Windows 10? I would like to be able to see available operators and choose to which to connect. Maybe there is an app that gives you that level of control?
    Thanks for any suggestions.

majarambuz, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile Connection - How to disable Auto-Connect in Registry

Thanks for the answer

First of all: I'm not talking about "wireless lan" - it concerns "WWAN over cellular network"

I Know the described steps 1 to 3.

If I go further with "Step 4 (doubble click on connection)" I obtain this window. There is not option "Wireless Properties/Connect automatically when this network is in range"

Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually 794c0371-27a2-41d5-8dac-5a8c8ec3fbbd.png

Huber Guenther, Oct 10, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile Connection - How to disable Auto-Connect in Registry

Hi,

To turn the WWAN connection of the cellular network off, please follow the instructions below:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the Network & Internet icon.
    • Click/tap on Mobile hotspot on the left side, and turn off
      Share your Internet connection with other devices
    • Select Change adapter options.
    • The Change adapter options will options will open the Network Connections. You will find the network connection to which your computer or tablet/mobile is connected.
    • Double click on the wireless connection to open the Wi-Fi status. Go to
      Wireless Properties
    • Under Connection tab, find out “Connect automatically when this network is in range“. To disable it, uncheck the option and tap ok.
    This should help in fixing your query with your mobile being auto connected.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - WWAN Mobile (Cellular) Connection - how to choose network manually - Similar Threads - WWAN Mobile Cellular

2. Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network: I have just upgraded to windows 11. Now the cellular option is not appearing anymore I'm using a Hp 250 G8 notebook pc . How can solve this problem...
  3. Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not connecting to cellular network: I have just upgraded to windows 11. Now the cellular option is not appearing anymore I'm using a Hp 250 G8 notebook pc . How can solve this problem...
  4. Lenovo T440p Mobile Cellular connection drops after local network connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo T440p Mobile Cellular connection drops after local network connected: Hi guys, hope someone could help. I have the mobile / cellular card and sim card and it does work perfectly, however I often need to connect the laptop to the local network no internet access and still be able to use the mobile connection. Once I plug cable in, the...
  5. Cellular Network connection

Cellular Network connection: Whenever I insert a sim card in my Lenovo T430s laptop, I see Can't connect to this network. Add an Internet APN and make sure you have an active data connection.... Could anyone here know a solution for this?...
  6. Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile (cellular) settings - how to select network operator manually: How do uncheck the automatic network selection? see below. I've spent one and a half hrs on the phone to Microsoft, no remedy. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-cellular-settings-how-to-select-network/334b912e-2a6e-4b89-a0b9-6de98694a8e0
  7. Failed to connected to Cellular network in Windows 10

Failed to connected to Cellular network in Windows 10: Tried to connect the laptop computer to the cellular network by inserting the SIM card to the computer, the card is detected and the DCS IP V4 is not found. Checked in the web there might be missing of modem setting inside the computer? Is there any way to install the...
  8. Not connected to cellular network

Not connected to cellular network: Hi everyone, my win 10 hp laptop won't connect to my cellular network i use a vodafone modem (k4201) any i have set up APN and cellular network shows CONNECTED But when i check connection status in settings, it says am not connected to any network when i troubleshoot...
  9. How to connect to a Cellular Network on Windows 10 in S Mode

in Windows 10 News
    How to connect to a Cellular Network on Windows 10 in S Mode: [ATTACH] Microsoft launched Always connected PCs in partnership with OEMs which comes with Windows 10 & in built-in LTE Advanced. This helps the user to maintain a continuous connection wherever you go. Depending on the network, you can get speeds up to [...] This post How...
  10. Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator

Manage cellular connections - choose roaming operator: Hi Is there any way to manage cellular connections (mobile broadband) better in Windows 10? I would like to be able to see available operators and choose to which to connect. Maybe there is an app that gives you that level of control? Thanks for any suggestions. 113569

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect to sim on laptop

2. qualcomm windows 10 mobile broadband sim2

3. where to manually turn off network on windows 10 mobile

4. HP wwan sim making phone calls,
  5. how to make my cellular wwan network the primary internet connection,
  6. cannot share cellular connection on windows 10