Windows 10: Windows 10 X to support Win32 apps, Sandbox & other features

Discus and support Windows 10 X to support Win32 apps, Sandbox & other features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The foldable and dual-screen computers could be the next big thing, and there will be a version of Windows 10 for it. At the Surface event on October... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 21, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 X to support Win32 apps, Sandbox & other features

The foldable and dual-screen computers could be the next big thing, and there will be a version of Windows 10 for it. At the Surface event on October 2, Microsoft announced a new operating system called ‘Windows 10X’ that will power dual-screen devices like the Surface Neo and Lenovo ThinkPad X1.

According to a LinkedIn job post uncovered by us, Microsoft’s Azure Core OS Kernel team is working with the Windows team to develop Containers. With Containers, Microsoft plans to bring ‘improved security, isolation and compatibility’ to Windows 10 X.

The container technologies enable support for Windows Store-delivered Win32 apps, traditional Win32 apps, Windows Sandbox, Windows Defender Application Gaurd, and Serve Containers on Windows 10X.

To make this happen, Microsoft is hiring Principal Software Engineering Lead with 10+ years of experience who will deliver OS virtualization, security advances, and drivers for the future version of Windows.

“The Containers team collaborates with teammates throughout Windows to design, develop, and enable new scenarios that leverage containers for improved security, isolation and compatibility,” the listing reads.

As per another LinkedIn job post, Microsoft is looking to boost the marketing of Windows 10X with a strong focus on ‘positioning and messaging’ for such devices.

The post Windows 10 X to support Win32 apps, Sandbox & other features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Endeavour Win User

Microsoft Adds Ability to Block Win32 Apps from Install on Windows 10

The problem with this is that it may be a way to gradually force you into the store.
    In the past Telemetry was also opt-in. Then it was opt-out. Now you can´t turn it off unless you buy the enterprise version of Win10.

In a few months we will have the free Windows 10 Cloud OS with no Win32 app support. To be able to use Win32 apps you'll need to buy a home/pro license for $150 (if you don´t have one already). And some years from now it may be only available on enterprise versions.
    I wouldn´t be surprised if some manufacturers start shipping their PCs/laptops with Win 10 Cloud only.

And BTW, looking at the current trends, it´s only a matter of time before the paid version of Windows becomes a subscription service too.

Endeavour, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Getting 'InPrivate Desktop' Sandbox feature

Read more:

Brink, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 X to support Win32 apps, Sandbox & other features - Similar Threads - support Win32 apps

2. Sandbox Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sandbox Feature: I've Microsoft surface pro 7 with OS Win 11and unfortinaltly I can't add the sandbox feature to my laptop, actually I feature is doesn't appear in Windows Feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandbox-feature/b1fc1564-e5dd-4b4a-b8e7-7efdad08b253
  3. Sandbox Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandbox Feature: I've Microsoft surface pro 7 with OS Win 11and unfortinaltly I can't add the sandbox feature to my laptop, actually I feature is doesn't appear in Windows Feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sandbox-feature/b1fc1564-e5dd-4b4a-b8e7-7efdad08b253
  4. Windows 11 Sandbox - Apps & features

Windows 11 Sandbox - Apps & features: Hello everyone. I set up Windows 11 Sandbox to make some tests with our installers. When I enter to Settings / Apps / Apps & features the list of apps never shows up, and the refreshing indicator just keeps rolling. Can anyone help me with these issue please?...
  5. Windows 11 Sandbox - Apps & features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sandbox - Apps & features: Hello everyone. I set up Windows 11 Sandbox to make some tests with our installers. When I enter to Settings / Apps / Apps & features the list of apps never shows up, and the refreshing indicator just keeps rolling. Can anyone help me with these issue please?...
  6. Microsoft says most Win32 apps will work on Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says most Win32 apps will work on Windows 10 X: On February 11, Microsoft shared more details of Windows 10 X for dual-screen and various third-party foldable devices. As rumoured for months, Windows 10 X won’t be limited to Store apps only and the operating system will be able to run UWP, PWAs, web apps, and even Win32...
  7. Leak document hints at Win32 apps support for Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Leak document hints at Win32 apps support for Windows 10 X: On October 2, Microsoft unveiled the Windows 10 X (a new version of Windows 10) alongside Surface Neo and Surface Duo. According to Microsoft executives, the OS is specifically created for dual-screen devices, but Windows 10 X is expected to be available in late 2020 for...
  8. x is not a valid Win32 Application

x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...
  9. x is not a valid Win32 Application

in Windows 10 Support
    x is not a valid Win32 Application: I'd like to understand why Win XP reports something is not a valid Win32 application. Relevance to W10 - the application is built on W10 using VS2017. I thought I had taken appropriate care to not use APIs that aren't available in Win XP. But when it's installed on Win XP...
  10. Sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903: I keep hearing about this feature, but have never been able to find it? Can someone tell me where it is situated please?*Smile 130844

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win10 apps or can Win32 apps also leverage this?

2. windows 10x to support win32 apps sandbox & other features