Windows 10: Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature

Discus and support Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 X, a new operating system based on Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS project, was recently shown off along with Surface Neo. While Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 30, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature

Windows 10 X, a new operating system based on Microsoft’s modular Windows Core OS project, was recently shown off along with Surface Neo. While Windows 10 X has been created and optimized for dual-screen devices, it will be coming to traditional laptops as well, as per the leaked documents.

Windows 10 X will come with a number of exclusive features including gestures, new Action Center, Lockscreen experience, Start menu, Taskbar and improved Windows Update experience. Another feature appears to be dynamic wallpapers, as per a new report which has been confirmed by our sources as well.

Dynamic wallpapers are already available on macOS and it’s one of the highly-praised features. Mojave, the new version of macOS, features a desert wallpaper that changes based on the time of day.

Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature Mojave-desktop.jpg

Windows 10 X could come with a similar wallpaper that would change throughout the day, reflecting sunrise, sunset, and other time of day. Microsoft may use your timing, geolocation and location settings to enable a seamless transition from one wallpaper to another.

Microsoft is focusing aggressively on Windows 10 X and Windows Core OS, and the software giant is working on major improvements. Last year, we reported that Microsoft is recreating Action Center to align it with these efforts.

Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature Action-Center.jpg
    Concept based on new Action Center

This was confirmed via the LinkedIn profile of a Microsoft software engineer, which revealed that the Windows Shell team is working on a Windows Core OS variation of Action Center to create and maintain the notification pipeline.

Similarly, Microsoft is hoping to address all Windows Update problems on Windows 10 X. As per the reports and LinkedIn profiles of engineers, Windows 10 X and Windows Core OS are designed to offer a smooth Windows Update experience.

The goal of Windows Core OS is to also speed up the Windows Update process and deliver stable updates that can be uninstalled quickly. Users will be able to finish the installation of feature updates without waiting for a long time.

It’s also worth noting Windows 10 X won’t arrive as an update on your existing devices, but there’ll be some ways to install the operating system on any device.

The post Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Nokia 6021 in sync with MacOS X

I've just switch from a Siemens S55 to a Nokia 6021.

I'm used to sync my mobile phone with my addressBook and my calendar I use on my Mac (macOs X 10.4.9).

When I "iSync" my new 6021, the contact names are registered from my MacOs X addressbook by concatenation of "first name + last name". As a result all my contacts appear with there first name first, and the list is ordered alphabetically from their first name....

Is there anybody knowing how I could change this behavior (on my Mac I guess), to have contact names created from "Last name + first Name" ?

remyleroy---01, Jan 30, 2020
  4. lZKoce Win User

Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 X will come with macOS-like wallpaper feature - Similar Threads - macOS wallpaper feature

2. MacOS like global menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MacOS like global menu in Windows 10: Hey guys! Hope you all having a good time. I wander if there any possibility to make something like El Capitan panel in windows 10, where all the menu bars from all the windows would be integrated? I like really like this feature in Macos, and I know it could be done easily...
  3. Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 leak suggests Windows 8 charms bar-like feature is coming: We reported recently that Microsoft’s Sun Valley Update for Windows 10 will also include productivity and multitasking features in addition to cosmetic changes. Now there’s a bit more to add to the story. According to a new report, Microsoft is internally testing a new...
  4. Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?

Will Windows 10 keep upgrading/updating for free like MacOS?: As I understand it, and correct me if I’m wrong, but there will be no Windows 11. Instead it sounds like Microsoft will just continue to update Windows 10 for the foreseeable future, much like Apple’s MacOS. If this is true, does this mean that once you pay for a license of...
  5. Windows 10 could be getting macOS-like find cursor feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 could be getting macOS-like find cursor feature: On macOS, you can enlarge the cursor to make it easier to see by simply shaking your mouse. Windows 10 also allows users to find the cursor on the desktop by pressing the Ctrl key, which you can enable and disable from the accessibility settings of the mouse. Based on the...
  6. Windows 10 is getting macOS-like Search tool with PowerToys

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting macOS-like Search tool with PowerToys: Microsoft has been working on a macOS Spotlight-like search tool for Windows 10. The tool is designed to replace the existing Win + R experience and it includes options to quickly search apps and files across Windows. Today, Microsoft has released a new version of PowerToys...
  7. Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?

Workspaces like MacOS for Windows 10?: Is there anything native in Windows 10, or 3rd party software, that allows you to save certain apps to a virtual desktop? I know you can make BatchFiles, but it's clunky and doesn't open the window exactly how you want it. It would be great to simply click a single button and...
  8. App that brings macOS-like Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 is now available in Store

in Windows 10 News
    App that brings macOS-like Dynamic Desktop feature to Windows 10 is now available in Store: Last month an independent developer released an app called “WinDynamicDesktop” that brings Apple Macintosh’s Mojave Dynamic Desktop-like feature to Windows 10. While Windows does support loading different wallpapers natively, but it does not alter the background dynamically...
  9. ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature

in Windows 10 News
    ASUS’ Windows 10 device will come with Apple Touch Bar-like feature: Apple’s latest-generation MacBook Pro comes with Touch Bar that adds a row of multitouch controls to the top of the keyboard. It looks like that Apple’s technology is also coming to Windows 10 devices. ASUS, the Taiwanese multinational computer and phone hardware and...
  10. Wallpaper on Windows 10 we like

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper on Windows 10 we like: hi folks do you know how to know where the picture for wallpaper have been taken at? there are a lot of great places shown on wallpapers 28185