Windows 10: Windows 10 X will merge desktop scenarios with mobile tech

Discus and support Windows 10 X will merge desktop scenarios with mobile tech in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There’s a new flavour of Windows 10 in town for a new wave of PCs and it is called ‘Windows 10X‘ (pronounced ex). Windows 10X or 10 X isn’t an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 19, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 X will merge desktop scenarios with mobile tech

There’s a new flavour of Windows 10 in town for a new wave of PCs and it is called ‘Windows 10X‘ (pronounced ex).

Windows 10X or 10 X isn’t an entirely new operating system as Microsoft itself says the OS is based on Windows 10, but it is a bit different from the regular version of Microsoft’s desktop platform.

Windows 10X is not the Windows that we have used in past. For example, the new OS will ditch the Start menu for Launcher and replace the Action Center with Quick Actions. According to leaks and reports, Windows 10X is a part of Microsoft’s long-rumoured Windows Core OS (WCOS) project and it appears that the OS will have mobile features.

In a new job post, Microsoft describes WCOS (Windows Core OS) as a new challenge to push forward as the company plans to merge ‘Desktop scenarios with Mobile technology’, which presents great opportunities and as well as challenges.

“…And WCOS challenges us to push forward, as we merge Desktop scenarios with Mobile technology, which presents both great opportunities and challenges,” the listing reads.

The job post is for the Senior Software Engineer position who will work with developers to deliver their innovations on any Windows-powered device including desktops and servers.

Interestingly, Microsoft has also mentioned ‘ModernPC’ as one of the supported devices, but the company hasn’t shared any specifics.

Microsoft plans to ship Windows 10X in the holiday 2020 and the OS will eventually come to traditional laptops too.

The post Windows 10 X will merge desktop scenarios with mobile tech appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft merges Windows PC and Windows mobile app stores

Read more: Microsoft merges Windows PC and Windows mobile app stores

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  3. lorraine walsh, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 X will merge desktop scenarios with mobile tech - Similar Threads - merge desktop scenarios

2. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  3. D:\ and Desktop have merged

in Windows 10 Customization
    D:\ and Desktop have merged: Hello... Recently I had the not so brilliant idea to move my Desktop to my Hard Drive to create some extra room on my SSD. However, I messed up and managed to make my D drive and Desktop Merge. I have tried everything to fix it, but it won't let me set Desktop file back to...
  4. Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop: I accidentally merged the folders. Then downloaded a restore registry file and now i am locked out. Please help submitted by /u/authenticsaif123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4e8fn/accidentally_merged_documents_and_desktop/
  5. Windows X Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows X Desktop: Windows X Home changed my display setting: - at start up, the system showed an extended version of the start menu - the usual icon shortcuts but not alphabetically organized programs on the left side as usual, -the Desktop is not displayed, unless as a folder in an...
  6. Desktop merged with hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop merged with hard drive: I was messing around with my hard drive trying to move my downloads, documents, etc. to the hard drive, but I somehow merged my desktop and hard drive, so now in quick access is doesn't appear as desktop it appears as D:/, how do I undo this?...
  7. Windows 10 (desktop or mobile) & Sonos app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 (desktop or mobile) & Sonos app: Despite the fact that on the Sonos webpage Sonos application(s) also the application for Windows 10 desktop is mentioned, it is no longer valid. I tried to install end configure a Sonos Connect and 2 Sonos One speakers, and found out that the app doesn't work. I had to...
  8. Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions: I upgraded to Windows 10 on July 30th from Win7. Before I did I cloned my Win7 disk to another spare drive. Yesterday I accidently booted into that drive and Windows tried to upgrade that drive (and failed) or so says the Windows Update Log. So here's the question... If I...
  9. Microsoft merges Windows PC and Windows mobile app stores

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft merges Windows PC and Windows mobile app stores: With the launch of Windows 10, Microsoft is hoping to bridge the gap between desktop PCs, tablets, and smartphones, creating one experience to persist over every device. An important, if not the most important, step in the process is Universal apps. Although we have seen many...
  10. Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 to Merge Windows, Windows Phone Development Mobile: According to a number of media reports that have emerged lately, Redmond is currently working on what could be a mix of the existing Windows Store and the Windows Phone Store, thus trying to address the lack of apps on the existing platforms. It turns out however that...