Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows start bar and cortana not responding. tried clean installs, sfc, powershell fix. everytime windows updates it kills the OS. 23117 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NativeJoe, Sep 18, 2015.

1. NativeJoe Win User

Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

Windows start bar and cortana not responding. tried clean installs, sfc, powershell fix. everytime windows updates it kills the OS.

:)

NativeJoe, Sep 18, 2015
  2. JimP1459 Win User

Cortana not speaking -- completed troublesahooting steps

Hi

Dell Latitude E6320 Windows 10 Pro (32-bit OS, x64-based processor) (Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro)

Cortana will recognize voice and perform functions but does not use voice response

I have checked audio drivers

I played sample Cortana voice in settings successfully

Disabled/enabled Cortana

Enabled/disabled "Hey Cortana" command -- responds to vocal commands

I have rebooted Windows after driver check

Tried using external speakers

All other sounds work on computer

Google search returns voice responses....

...so what's with Cortana?

JimP1459, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240 CORTANA

Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240. Search won't work. When I press Start (or click on Search icon

CORTANA

AdamDyerElshorbagy, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

1. Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive - Similar Threads - x64 bit Pro

2. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  3. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  4. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  5. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows button and start icon are non-responsive: Hello,My Windows Start Button was not responsive. I had the IT department at my college attempt a repair remotely. The tech was able to get the start icon to respond, but only when set to open in full-screen mode. Updates have been performed, I have re-started a couple of...
  6. Windows button and start icon are non-responsive

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Non Responsive Mouse & Keyboard at Login Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Non Responsive Mouse & Keyboard at Login Screen: Keep in mind I did search the internet before I started this question/topic. I am hoping this is where I get help as I am not use to posting on the Microsoft site. So this happens off & on a lot & its very annoying. I lost everything last time because I got mad & reinstalled...
  8. Optimize Disks Windows 10 Pro x64 bit 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Optimize Disks Windows 10 Pro x64 bit 2004: Hello Ever since updating to Windows 10 2004, via Media Creation tool on this PC, and From Windows Update on my Laptop PC, Optimize Disk area been showing Never Run after reboot after manually running Optimize or Trim command on my SSD Drive, it never remembers at all...
  9. Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank icons + non-responsiveness after start-up: In relation to another post, I had a similar problem. I then cleaned up my desktop and removed several icons linking to programs that I no longer need on my desktop now that the start menu provides that function. Voila! The freezes with blank icons stopped happening. I...
  10. "Hey Cortana" non responsive

"Hey Cortana" non responsive: Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and activate? When I first installed Windows 10 this function worked, albeit not 100% successful. But now it doesn't work at all. All...