Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows start bar and cortana not responding. tried clean installs, sfc, powershell fix. everytime windows updates it kills the OS. 23117 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NativeJoe, Sep 18, 2015.

1. NativeJoe Win User

Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

Windows start bar and cortana not responding. tried clean installs, sfc, powershell fix. everytime windows updates it kills the OS.

:)

NativeJoe, Sep 18, 2015
  2. JimP1459 Win User

Cortana not speaking -- completed troublesahooting steps

Hi

Dell Latitude E6320 Windows 10 Pro (32-bit OS, x64-based processor) (Upgraded from Windows 7 Pro)

Cortana will recognize voice and perform functions but does not use voice response

I have checked audio drivers

I played sample Cortana voice in settings successfully

Disabled/enabled Cortana

Enabled/disabled "Hey Cortana" command -- responds to vocal commands

I have rebooted Windows after driver check

Tried using external speakers

All other sounds work on computer

Google search returns voice responses....

...so what's with Cortana?

JimP1459, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240 CORTANA

Windows 10 Pro x64, build 10240. Search won't work. When I press Start (or click on Search icon

CORTANA

AdamDyerElshorbagy, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive

1. Windows 10 x64 bit Pro, Cortana and Start bar non-responsive - Similar Threads - x64 bit Pro

2. Windows non responsive when signing into Windows Login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows non responsive when signing into Windows Login: Hi Guys, So after I recently updated my PC to the version 1903 which was needed to download the Xbox Game Pass Beta app it has become very sluggish. Whenever I open a game or try to use the Windows Store i get he message "The Application XXXXX has been blocked from...
  3. Slow or non responsive computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow or non responsive computer: Click on a link and nothing happens. App like Scatter hold up poker doesn't boot, or very slowly boots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-or-non-responsive-computer/a61738d5-2bac-4f66-b097-8a079a42e49d
  4. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Cortana
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. How to I attach the cbs.log on here?...
  5. Cortana/start menu/task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/start menu/task bar not working: Cortana or the searchui process are not in my task manager, so I ran a sfc /scannow. I have no idea how to tell what it's saying in the log, but I can see it found some corrupted files. I was going to attach it but the size limit is 2mb, and my log is 8mb. What should I do?...
  6. Weird Startup Enty On Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit 1809

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Startup Enty On Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit 1809: Hi There Weird Startup Entry, Not associated to any folder it seems, wgc Planning maybe to purchase newer SSD or Storage drive for birthday 2 Thursdays away, then possibly doing whole system clean install at that point, unless i'd be wasting money doing that as my Current...
  7. windows reinstallation from windows 10 pro 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit in same x64 bit machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows reinstallation from windows 10 pro 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit in same x64 bit machine: Hi I am running windows 10 pro insider preview 32 bit operating system in x64- based processor. Can I reinstall windows 10 pro 64 bit OS in my machine, If I am having digital license linked to my Microsoft account....
  8. Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast responsible for Critical Error in Start Menu and Cortana: Recently I've been getting the critical error with my start menu and cortana. Of course after a few restarts and prays eveything works normal. But after seeing a posts in d general discussion area I saw many individuals say avast is responsible for the error. Can...
  9. Mail and Calendar App non responsive

Mail and Calendar App non responsive: Ever since the last os update, this app is non responsive. I have 2 mail accounts setup, 1 is msn.com and the other is an outlook.com address (the main account for W10). Worked as intended before update. Now on 1511 10586.63. Here is screen shot of app. Was going to try and...
  10. "Hey Cortana" non responsive

"Hey Cortana" non responsive: Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and activate? When I first installed Windows 10 this function worked, albeit not 100% successful. But now it doesn't work at all. All...