Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Basil_348, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Basil_348 Win User

Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement.

Problem appeared ones in a week or so after purchase. Then it seems to became worse. Pauses happen unexpectedly and without any obvious reason, 1-2 times every 15 min. System is not overloaded. Problem occurs while doing simple tasks, Windows browser, typing in text redactor.

This seems to be more frequent in HP Recommended power mode. Recently the started to blow to hard in this power mode I did not notice it was like that a month ago. I created a new mode, Power Saver. Fan calmed down to not blowing I don't hear it? at all most of the time. Looks like this also improved a bit the cursor pauses issue. It might me just how it appears to me as the problem occurs erratically.

I use a Bluetooth mouse Logi MX Anywhere 2S. Driver has been reinstalled. Elan touch pad's driver also reinstalled. Unused greyed out mouse/pointing devices removed. BIOS is up to date.

Somewhere I was reading to test the mouse in BIOS window. Mouse does not work in BIOS - I can use keyboard only.

Computer RAM has been upgraded from 8 to 32 GB.

Any help is highly appreciated.

:)

Basil_348, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
  3. cursor pause and jump (mouse and touchpad)

Thanks for responding. Yes, I already found that thread... and lots of other proposed solutions in various corners of the internet... and none of it worked. I've struggled with this for a week, off and on. BUT by a most odd coincidence, last night Microsoft
    pushed its latest Windows version into my computer... and the cursor pause has gone away! For once I am happy with an update. So, problem "solved".

SpencerWeart, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons - Similar Threads - x64 Cursor pauses

2. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  3. Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired network disconnects intermitently, no obvious reasons: Hello,thank You in advance for Your time and effort.My computer stops receiving data from internet randomly. Sometimes it works for 3 days without problem. Sometimes it stops receiving 3 times in an half hour. Yesterday it had a record of 5-6 for the day while I was working...
  4. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  5. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason: Hi all,I have been trying to figure out what is going wrong with my computer for the past year and I'm honestly at my limit. It seems every day my PC will BSOD at least once. I have been getting a multitude of error messages and I cannot trace the problem to its source so I'm...
  6. Frequent BSODs with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disk full for no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk full for no obvious reason: I have my hard drive seperated into two partitions: one for the OS and one for data. The space on the first one is completely full (about 99 out of 100 GB full). However, if I take all the folders and files/programs on the hardware and look at the properties of those and add...
  8. My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason

My system often Deadlocks with no obvious reason: Hello everyone from few days I have a problem with my Laptop Asus FX505DY-BQ009T. Once I installed Radeon Adrenalin 2020 Software. It was version 20.11.2. It was fine, but then I saw that there's a newer version can't remember its number. So I installed it. I started...
  9. 100% CPU Usage with no obvious reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU Usage with no obvious reason: As recently as a couple of months back, my PC has been having random fits where, about once a week for ~5 minutes, my CPU usage will jump up to 100% making everything unusable for that time period. While it's at 100% everything crawls to a slow, task manager (temporarily)...
  10. Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason

Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason: I have a computer that has been experiencing seemingly random BSODs. The first time was when the computer BSOD-ed a couple days ago while watching a video. It has also BSOD-ed when copying a folder with 3 GB worth of information to the hard disk, running a virus scan, just...