Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement. Problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Basil_348, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Basil_348 Win User

Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons

New HP laptop, less that 2 months. Cursor started to stop/pause for a couple seconds than it catches up with the mouse / touch pad movement.

Problem appeared ones in a week or so after purchase. Then it seems to became worse. Pauses happen unexpectedly and without any obvious reason, 1-2 times every 15 min. System is not overloaded. Problem occurs while doing simple tasks, Windows browser, typing in text redactor.

This seems to be more frequent in HP Recommended power mode. Recently the started to blow to hard in this power mode I did not notice it was like that a month ago. I created a new mode, Power Saver. Fan calmed down to not blowing I don't hear it? at all most of the time. Looks like this also improved a bit the cursor pauses issue. It might me just how it appears to me as the problem occurs erratically.

I use a Bluetooth mouse Logi MX Anywhere 2S. Driver has been reinstalled. Elan touch pad's driver also reinstalled. Unused greyed out mouse/pointing devices removed. BIOS is up to date.

Somewhere I was reading to test the mouse in BIOS window. Mouse does not work in BIOS - I can use keyboard only.

Computer RAM has been upgraded from 8 to 32 GB.

Any help is highly appreciated.

:)

Basil_348, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
  3. cursor pause and jump (mouse and touchpad)

Thanks for responding. Yes, I already found that thread... and lots of other proposed solutions in various corners of the internet... and none of it worked. I've struggled with this for a week, off and on. BUT by a most odd coincidence, last night Microsoft
    pushed its latest Windows version into my computer... and the cursor pause has gone away! For once I am happy with an update. So, problem "solved".

SpencerWeart, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 x64 / Cursor pauses with no obvious reasons - Similar Threads - x64 Cursor pauses

2. Windows 10 x64 showing a black screen with no cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 x64 showing a black screen with no cursor after update: After updating my Asus Tuf 5x505dy to latest version of windows it's not showing anything in the screen. No buttons are working and even I can't switch off the pc using power button but power indicator light is on and fans are also running....
  3. Pause Updates Not Pausing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pause Updates Not Pausing: My Windows 10 1903 updated itself on June 29 th. At that point I chose to pause updates until sometime in August. Today, July 10, it tried to update itself again completely ignoring my pause request. Did I do something wrong or is this a bug? Thank you. 136354
  4. Pause windows 10 update

Pause windows 10 update: I recovered last recovery point, because internet kept dropping. Went back to previous backup and I seem to be running. I want to pause automatic updates, so I'll stay at current level. Can you describe what I need to do?...
  5. Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to sell my laptop and need to delete my admin account for obvious reasons: Hi, I just bought a Lenovo Yoga 300 laptop with windows 10. However, it hasn't got the hard drive memory capacity I thought it did and I am going to sell it. Obviously, before I sell it I want to remove my admin account, which is linked to my microsoft account, as so much...
  6. Windows 10 Deactivated For No Reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Deactivated For No Reason: i suddenly got this watermark yesterday saying i need to activate my windows. this is the first time this happened after buying this laptop for almost 2 years now. also the windows activation troubleshooter won't connect to the microsoft server (0xc0020036) this g**d*mn...
  7. BSOD with no obvious trigger

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with no obvious trigger: I've been getting Blue Screens of Death lately without any apparent trigger. They're always DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL but my PC reboots before I'm able to write down all the BSOD details. I've tried looking through the Event Viewer log, but I have neither the...
  8. Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r

Win 10 - BSOD - Attempted switch from DPC -- No obvious reason / app r: Hello -- My Win10 desktop started BSODing with Attempted switch from DPC mode with increasing frequency (seems like) for unobvious reasons. Wanting some help in identifying the possible issue(s). I've attached the zip file from the collector utility. Thanks for the help....
  9. Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason

Seeimingly random BSODs with no obvious reason: I have a computer that has been experiencing seemingly random BSODs. The first time was when the computer BSOD-ed a couple days ago while watching a video. It has also BSOD-ed when copying a folder with 3 GB worth of information to the hard disk, running a virus scan, just...
  10. Obviously I have misunderstood..............

Obviously I have misunderstood..............: I have Win 10 Home 10586.164 on this pc. I have a plan to experiment something. The plan calls for switching to Insider Preview build. So, I did that, 2 days ago. Instead of Fast or Slow, I have the Release Preview. So far I have not received the 14279 update....