Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns...

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have configured the taskbar with some pinned icons using the Export-StartLayout cmdlet to create the xml. This works for new users that login to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oiluj, Feb 17, 2020.

1. oiluj Win User

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns...

We have configured the taskbar with some pinned icons using the Export-StartLayout cmdlet to create the xml.

This works for new users that login to the PC, but if the user unpins an icon, after logging out and logging back in the icon returns.

Is this default behavior? Is there anyway we can pin the taskbar icons without them being permanent and allow users to delete them if they want to?

Thanks

Julio

:)

oiluj, Feb 17, 2020
  2. AEOUserID Win User

Excel Taskbar Icon not showing pinned workbooks

The Office 365 Excel Taskbar icon will not show list of pinned workbooks. I have to open Excel and then select from pinned workbooks.

The windows update assistant was used to do an update install, keep programs and files.

Win10 x64 version 1909 (OS build 18262.657)

AEOUserID, Feb 17, 2020
  3. mgreen10 Win User
    Cannot unpin an Excel file from the Taskbar

Long ago I pinned an Excel file to the Windows 10 taskbar. This means that if I right click on the Excel icon, which is also pinned to the taskbar, a pop-up list of file names appears with the pinned file at the top.

The pinned file has an "Unpin from this list" icon beside it. If I click on the unpin icon, nothing happens. I tried pinning another Excel file to the taskbar and was able to unpin it. The problem seems to affect only this one file, pinned long ago.

I have Googled and tried many posts for removing a pinned item (file, not an app) from the taskbar. None of them have worked.

How can I unpin this Excel file?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns...

Cannot permanently unpin Windows 10 Taskbar icons

We are running Windows 10 enterprise and a few users are having issues deleting icons such as Internet Explorer from the taskbar. There seem to be a few fixes around on the internet, we've tried all of them to no avail. What we have tried so far is:

- deleting

"%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*"

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband /F

- checking all GPOs

We can delete/unpin the icons, but they return. At this moment in time it only seems to be Internet Explorer, I'm not sure about other icons.

Any ideas? TIA

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JaimiePerry, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns...

1. Windows 10 x64 Enterprise version 1909 - pinned icons to taskbar after unpinning returns... - Similar Threads - x64 Enterprise version

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin or Unpin Icons to Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you want to pin or unpin icons to the Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 11, here is how you can do that. It is possible to pin any app to the Taskbar and Start Menu without using third-party software. Whether it is a Library folder, app, or drive, you can pin all of...
  4. Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When you install an application on your Windows computer, the program’s executable file goes […] This article Pin or Unpin Program icons from Taskbar or Start Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable the unpinning […] This article How to prevent Pinning or Unpinning of Taskbar items in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible taskbar icons and cannot Unpin from taskbar: I have 2 apps (E-Mail and Edge) in taskbar that doesn't shows icons. It is so annoying that I cannot even Unpin from taskbar. I have done following without helping: * Uninstalled and Installed the app again * Unpined from Startmenu * Deleted %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet...
  7. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  8. Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin People Contacts on Taskbar in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 16184, there is a new People Bar icon on the taskbar notification area. Whether you want to share a photo, make...
  9. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....
  10. Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Pin or Unpin to Taskbar: I just noticed today that I am unable to right click on an item on the taskbar making it not possible to pin or unpin. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? 21007