Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 IE11 Flash 20.0.0.306 - Must "Run As Administrator"

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 IE11 Flash 20.0.0.306 - Must "Run As Administrator" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all. This is affecting hundreds of PC's at our school division. Flash worked fine when the pc's were originally deployed a few months ago. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lyle, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Lyle Win User

Windows 10 x64 IE11 Flash 20.0.0.306 - Must "Run As Administrator"

Hello all.
    This is affecting hundreds of PC's at our school division. Flash worked fine when the pc's were originally deployed a few months ago. I've confirmed that ActiveX Filtering is NOT on. I've confirmed that the Flash IE Add On is enabled.

My research leads me to believe that it is a permissions issue, either on the file system or in the registry, though I've not been able to discover where. I found a post on the Adobe site regarding resetting Flash permissions using Subinacl.exe and a script called reset_fp.bat, tried it, some of the commands in the scripts completed, many failed. After completion results were the same, Flash only runs when launching IE11 using Right Click - Run as Administrator.

I'm wondering if there is another way to reset the default Flash permissions? Is there a way to "reinstall" the built in version of Flash?

Oh yes, I've also tried removing the latest Flash Updates. As well I've unchecked IE11 under Control Panel- Programs - Turn Windows Features On or Off. Rebooted, then reckecked IE11 to "reinstall" it. Still no luck.

Flash works fine in Edge by the way, however Edge is not an option for many of the sites we use.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

:)

2. LyleLee Win User

Good morning Jessen,

Unfortunately I've already been down the road described in the link. As stated, the only way Flash Content works is to launch IE 11 by right clicking and choosing "Run As Administrator". This is even for users that are already local admins on the pc. To
    me it appears I need a method of resetting all of the appropriate permissions on both the file system and in the registry. I look forward to further assistance on this issue.

Thanks for your time Lyle

Solved... Or at least found a work around.

Not entirely sure why but adding the effected sites to the "Trusted Site" list in IE11 via group policy worked.

LyleLee, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us which will help others facing the issue.

Jessen P, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Lyle Win User

Solved... Or at least found a work around.

Not entirely sure why, but adding the affected sites to the "Trusted Site" list in IE11 via group policy worked.

Lyle, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 x64 IE11 Flash 20.0.0.306 - Must "Run As Administrator" - Similar Threads - x64 IE11 Flash

2. Bugcheckcode 0 when running a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bugcheckcode 0 when running a game: Hi, so recently my PC has been restarting at random times. It happened once every day for a while and so I decided to pull everything apart and put it back together I had recently moved it. After that the errors stopped for a few days and then began again. I've been...
  3. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  4. BSOD Stuck at 0% for 20 minutes, help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Stuck at 0% for 20 minutes, help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IDNL_YoLo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi6tlk/bsod_stuck_at_0_for_20_minutes_help/
  5. Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation, disk 0 has 0 mb: I'm gonna start from the beginning, I wanted to set up dual booting with windows 10 which i already had and with linux. Somewhere along the line it messed up and partioned my hard drive replacing windows 10 with linux. I then tried to reinstall windows 10 off of a USB that...
  6. Srttrial.txt 0×0 error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Srttrial.txt 0×0 error: When i go advanced settings and repair windows from loadind i get this error..and when i open the file it says hdd errors 0×0 long page..how i fix that?i tried to put every command in cmd doesnt help..and tried many youtube guides ..i thought the prob was on hdd so i bought...
  7. Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008: Hi, While trying to buy from Windows store I got an "Transaction Failed error 0-0-2-0--6008" message. Any idea how to resolve this? Vijay. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows !0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows !0: I have a problem on Windows 10 on my laptop,When I click on edge to open it up to my search page, the page goes from full screen to smaller screen. Can I do something to stop this.Ken...
  9. IE11 on W7 fine -- on W10 Javascript void(0)

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 on W7 fine -- on W10 Javascript void(0): Hi there I have an application that needs IE11 and will open a window on a local intranet (Mine as it's a test installation) and prompts for a logon screen . Logon screen is on IE11 in both cases. Same userid etc etc. The three computers are on my Local Network so no...
  10. Flash Player won't Run in IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Flash Player won't Run in IE11: For the last day or so, I have not been able to get Flash Player to run in IE11 on Windows 10 x64 build 10586.164 The message below appears at the bottom of the any web page that uses flash, but when I click "Allow" or "Allow for all Websites" nothing happens and the...