Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesR_631, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On.

Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.
    Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command to delete all adapters and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch :) Thanks

:)

JamesR_631, Mar 19, 2019
  2. zorvek Win User

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Nothing is listed:

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch [​IMG]

Kevin

zorvek, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Error while creating Virtual Switch in Virtual Switch Manager in Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Education

Error while creating Virtual Switch in Virtual Switch Manager in Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Education.

Once I click on Virtual Switch Manager , I get below error

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch 0f0b73ef-299d-4341-b088-264b5324d37d.jpg

ArchanaBhimireddy, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Dadicator Win User

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

I see Windows PowerShell Listed at top left corner --- It Does Not Say "Administrator" Maybe problem

Dadicator, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

1. Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch - Similar Threads - x64 v1809 Hyper

2. Hyper-V unable to create or retrieve switches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V unable to create or retrieve switches: I'm getting a generic error whenever i try to click on Virtual Switches options in HyperVIf i check even log i see the following 3 errorsHNS failed to create vmswitch with error '0x8007023E' and adapter id = 'C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444'.HNS-Layer-Create :- Network...
  3. Hyper-V unable to create or retrieve switches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V unable to create or retrieve switches: I'm getting a generic error whenever i try to click on Virtual Switches options in HyperVIf i check even log i see the following 3 errorsHNS failed to create vmswitch with error '0x8007023E' and adapter id = 'C08CB7B8-9B3C-408E-8E30-5E16A3AEB444'.HNS-Layer-Create :- Network...
  4. Hyper-V unable to create or retrieve switches

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  6. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  7. Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809

Virtual Switch Manger Unable to Create Default Switch in v1809: After upgrading to v1809 I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On. Since then the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network...
  8. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133