Windows 10: Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device

Discus and support Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have decided as of last summer to go wireless free in the office, hence I've opted for Ethernet LAN wired connection to my router, so as to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarrisParaskeva, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device

I have decided as of last summer to go wireless free in the office, hence I've opted for Ethernet LAN wired connection to my router, so as to have constant and fast connection. Trouble is I did not count on Windows not cooperating in this endeavour.

Everything is setup correctly (modem, router, settings, etc.), but when the computer goes to sleep or is shut down, when it is back up again, it won't wake up the network device to connect to the network (or it thinks it is connected and does not bother waking it up). I know the issue is with Windows, because of the following:

a. The latest drivers for the device are installed.

b. When I do a restart or when I turn off Fast Startup the problem goes away. Note: I don't want to turn off Fast Startup, because other issues arise.

Essentially, the above mean Windows does not attempt to load drivers or wake up the device during startup or waking up from sleep. I've found a work-around using the Windows Device Console (devcon) from the Windows Driver Kit and the following script:

@echo off
    devcon.exe /rescan

However, even the work-around does not work consistently, specifically it seems to work randomly 1 out of 3 times.

Anyone any ideas?

:)

HarrisParaskeva, Oct 21, 2019

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 21, 2019
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device

How to Wake on Lan Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters in the device tree, select your Ethernet adapter, right-click it and then select Properties.
    • Then select the Power Management tab and check off all three boxes.
    • Next select the Advanced tab, scroll down in the Property box and select
      Wake on Magic Packet and ensure that it is enabled in the
      Value
      list box then click OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device

1. Windows 10 x64 won't wake up Ethernet Networking Device - Similar Threads - x64 won't wake

2. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  3. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices won't wake up from sleep: Hi,Quite often when I reconnect some of my USB devices to PC mouse, keyboard, audio interface, they won't work. To me it seems to happen randomly. Usually it's just one of these devices that don't work when I reconnect them. Disconnecting them and again reconnecting doesn't...
  4. USB devices won't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake up: I've been having an issue for the past month or so where Windows 10 won't wake after I have left my pc overnight. I click on the keyboard or mouse and it doesn't wake it up. Instead I have to push the power button to turn it off and then turn it on again. This is a problem...
  6. Network adapter won't start ethernet Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter won't start ethernet Windows 10: Hello, our old modem was shorted out in a thunderstorm so we got a new one. On the old modem there was no trouble with the internet but the new modem will not work with this computer. Ethernet and wireless works with our other devices no problems. I have done a complete...
  7. My network adapter won't wake up after sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My network adapter won't wake up after sleep.: I have Windows 10 and since the latest update, something weird is happening with my network adapter. Every time I put my computer to sleep when I wake it up the network adapter keep sleeping and I can't connect to the internet....
  8. Computer won't wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake up: A real simple solution when you hibernate the computer to get it to wake up open you tube. It may be annoying to do this but it's better than having to go to a restart. Hopes this helps others with this f!#d up problem that Microsoft hasn't figured out to correct....
  9. It Won't Wake Up! Again

in Windows 10 Support
    It Won't Wake Up! Again: If this is the wrong forum please move to the appropriate one. Yesterday my Dell Desktop refused to wake from sleep. Right click and the HDD sounds like it spins up but no monitor. I've made no changes to any settings and this just came out of the blue. Requires a Hard Power...
  10. Win 10 won't Wake up

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 won't Wake up: I have a Dell OptiPlex 9020 w/ Win10 Enterprise. When monitors sleep the machine will not wake. It is in a hard locked position and have to hard reboot the machine. The machine only locks up when the monitors are asleep. Hibernation and or Sleep has been turned off. Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet device wont syart on wake