Windows 10: Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of...

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; No matter what I try, background recorded captures contain audio from programs other than the game I'm playing. The only relevant setting I can find: a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HibbleJibble, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of...

No matter what I try, background recorded captures contain audio from programs other than the game I'm playing. The only relevant setting I can find: a checkbox that states "Record game audio only", has no effect on this. I haven't been able to find any information about this particular issue online, so I'm hoping that someone on here is able to help me out with this.

:)

HibbleJibble, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

xbox game dvr clip recording

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/troubleshoot-game-dvr-windows-10

If the issue still persist I suggest you to post your query in Xbox forum for better assistance.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Game DVR audio recording.

Hi Jastin,

The Audio Settings in the Game DVR can be changed so you can disable the Audio when recording game clips. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows + G on your keyboard.
    • Click the Settings icon and go to Audio tab.
    • Uncheck Record audio when I record game clips.

You also have an option if you want to enable or disable audio from your microphone. In the
    Audio settings, you can check or uncheck Record my microphone next time I record a game.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of...

Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of...

1. Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of... - Similar Threads - Xbox Game DVR

2. Windows 10/11 No Audio output in Game DVR Recordings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 No Audio output in Game DVR Recordings: This isn't a question at all but a possible solution to a problem that has plagued myself and others for a few years now.This evening I found a fix for me.I have had issues with Game DVR on and off over the years where you record some game footage and find there is no audio...
  3. Xbox Game DVR not recording mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game DVR not recording mic: I saw in another thread the solution to this is having it record game only, but I want my friends on discord to be recorded in the clips. I don’t have an NVIDIA card so I can’t use Shadowplay, and I don’t wanna record with OBS always because I just wanna clip the last 30...
  4. Game DVR not recording only game audio.

Game DVR not recording only game audio.: Basically as the title states, I'm trying to use the Game Bar to record in-game clips from GTA:V which I play in the windowed borderless mode, but it still ends up recording other sounds (Discord among others) as well. Is this a bug or does it have something to do with GTA's...
  5. Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings

Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings: Today I recorded about 8 hours of video in about 30 clips with the native game mode. I have recorded previously with no issues, so was not checking each clip for proper playback. At the end of it all, I realized that there was no audio in any of today's captures. After some...
  6. Game DVR background recording with SSD

Game DVR background recording with SSD: How exactly is background recording storing the video before I save it? Does it hold in the RAM and then save it over to the SSD or is it constantly writing on my SSD? The SSD is my main drive (windows and programs are installed on it) but I also have a secondary drive. It's...
  7. Game Bar DVR doesn’t record in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Game Bar DVR doesn’t record in the background: I use Samsung's 49 inch Ultra-wide monitor to run games. However, my Game Bar DVR stopped recording in the background. I had used different monitor before and didn’t notice this problem. Currently I can start recording and stop it and have a video in the proper resolution....
  8. Game DVR is not recording all of my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR is not recording all of my audio: So Game DVR has been my main source of recording moments during games for me. A couple of months ago it was working fine, recording all my audio [Game audio, Discord audio (my friend's voices) and my mic's audio]. Everything can be heard in the clips. As of recently, Game...
  9. Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Game DVR, audio records, video stuck: This has been happening on my computer and my brothers, and we can't find anything online about it. We've had our computers for over a year now. So, this happens randomly, but sometimes when I record with the DVR the audio will be captured just fine but the video will seem...
  10. Game DVR not recording game audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR not recording game audio: Hi everyone, I've been looking for a fix for ages now, but all forum threads I found were talking about the Game DVR recording no audio at all, while I can hear my microphone, but nothing else *Wink I've tried changing the audio quality, restarting my pc and even recording...