Windows 10: Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games

Discus and support Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Didn't have this problem previous to the 1909 update. My Xbox One controllers tried 3 different controllers stopped working with Microsoft Store... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zapix, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Zapix Win User

Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games

Didn't have this problem previous to the 1909 update.

My Xbox One controllers tried 3 different controllers stopped working with Microsoft Store games, but continues to work properly with Steam, Origin, etc. The wireless adapter shows up in devices, can be configured, calibrated, set as preferred device, etc. It is simply a case of games from the Microsoft Store no longer work. Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 4, Metro Exodus, etc all don't work with the Xbox One controller anymore. Tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting, different USB port for the adapter. Tried with an Xbox 360 controller and that worked fine... So what did 1909 do that broke Xbox One controller support?!?

:)

Zapix, Jan 10, 2020

2. Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 10, 2020
  3. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Controller not working with Microsoft Store games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working with Microsoft Store games.: I have this really specific problem I can't find happening anywhere else.I have been playing a lot of my Gears of War games I bought off the Microsoft Store with my Dualsense controller. I have played for dozens of hours and I haven't had any problems. Then last night it just...
  3. Controller not working with Microsoft Store games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller not working with Microsoft Store games.: I have this really specific problem I can't find happening anywhere else.I have been playing a lot of my Gears of War games I bought off the Microsoft Store with my Dualsense controller. I have played for dozens of hours and I haven't had any problems. Then last night it just...
  4. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY: Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE REINSTALLS. What is going on is the MICROSOFT store games are trying to use both keyboard and mouse, AND the controller at the same...
  5. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY: Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE REINSTALLS. What is going on is the MICROSOFT store games are trying to use both keyboard and mouse, AND the controller at the same...
  6. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Xbox One S controller not working in game

Xbox One S controller not working in game: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  8. Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.

Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.: I always used the same controller with the same cable and never had a problem, out of nowhere it stopped responding. Windows can still see the device. If I uninstall device from windows and then restart my pc and download the drivers it works, but only once, if I replug it it...
  9. xbox one controller not working in same games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller not working in same games: xbox one controller not working in same games but was only 3 days ago is there a update thats broken the compatibility with same of the games are i can no longer play dark souls 2...
  10. xbox one controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one controller not working in game: I have the latest imac and downloaded windows 10 on it to play some games. I am using an xboc one wired controller that seems to work on the PC through testing and through STEAM however when I open up the game it doesn't work in game!!! the middle X button is the only button...