Windows 10: Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Discus and support Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a PC running Windows xp x32 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 x64 as a dual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by anwerfatehy, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Hi,

I have a PC running Windows xp x32 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 x64 as a dual boot. What's the best way?

:)

anwerfatehy, Nov 26, 2016

2. Installation of Windows 10

Hi i have a dual boot system (xp & win 7), i want to install windows 10 in place of xp. If i install it in c drive where xp is installed, will this remove xp. I have a 32 bit system and want to install windows 7 & 10 and remove xp. Please help.

vishal sharma_950, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Peterwk10 Win User
    Upgrade to Windows 10 with a Dual boot Windows 7/Windows XP

My current set-up is a dual boot with Windows 7 and Windows XP. This is because I use Windows XP to run some specific programs.

When I boot up the computer, it gets to the point where it asks which operating system to use:

• Windows 7
    • Windows XP
    If I upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, will I still be able to start Windows 10 by clicking in the old Windows 7 link?

Best regards,

Peterwk10, Nov 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Make a standard Windows 10 installation USB flash drive. Convert it into one that boots into Kyhi's Recvoery Tools (see my quote in the middle of the OP):
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

Boot the computer from it into Kyhi's recovery tools. Use Macrium Reflect to make a backup of your current install onto an external drive. Use the AEOMI partitioning program to shrink the Windows XP partition to make room for Windows 10. Leave unallocated space for Windows 10. Run setup.exe from the Windows 10 USB flash drive you booted the computer from. Pick the unallocated space to install Windows 10 to. It should set up dual booting with Windows XP during the install.

NavyLCDR, Nov 26, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    Simp!e way is run so on free virtual box on win10 this reduces the risk of running a old vulnerable windows which could get 10 infected as well

Samuria, Nov 26, 2016
  6. thanks to you

anwerfatehy, Nov 26, 2016
  7. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

1. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way? - Similar Threads - dual boot Best

2. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  3. Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot XP on Windows 10 Pro: I have new Windows 10 Pro laptop and want to configure to dual boot Windows XP, what is the best way to go about. Installation on multiple partitions or creating virtual machine using Hyper-V? I need to do this on 10 laptops, what is the easy way to do it. It is possible to...
  4. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...
  5. windows dual boot between 10 & XP

windows dual boot between 10 & XP: hello everyone! *Smile i'm new here just coming over from sevenforums *Roflmao2 anyway i hope sumone maybe able to give me a quick fix to this mess... ok here's the deal...I;ve got 2 partitions on 1 hard drive.....one is windows 10 installed on C: and the other is windows XP...
  6. Dual boot Windows 10 with XP

Dual boot Windows 10 with XP: Hi all I have recently purchased an OMEN 880 (win 10 home edition pre-installed),with 2 empty bays on top for extra hard drives and I would like to know if it's possible to install the hard drive from my Asus into one of these bays, then dual boot. I have read on the...
  7. Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.

Windows 10 dual boot with XP - problems.: Hi all, I had Windows XP on my hard drive for a long time, created a separate partition and installed Windows 10. (both 32 bit). Windows 10 is working fine, it set up the dual boot menu where I can also select Windows XP ("earlier version of Windows"). Problem is, in...
  8. Dual boot XP on top of Windows 10

Dual boot XP on top of Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home on my PC and I'd like to dual boot Windows XP on top of windows 10. But how to do that since after XP, Windows 10 MBR will be lost. 25724
  9. What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?

What is the best way to partition a SSD for dual boot?: This is my first time here so if I need to elaborate on anything or provide more information I'll be happy to. I'm trying to set up a dual boot environment on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I've done this one other systems in the past enough to where it had become pretty...
  10. Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?

Windows 10 & XP dual boot. Best way?: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 7 only at the moment. I want to end up with it running Windows XP (as default) and Windows 10 as a dual boot. What's the best way? I have an unused XPx64 installation disc and I have used "Windows 10 CreationToolx64.exe" (from MS):...