Windows 10: Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager

Discus and support Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On Windows 10, drivers are necessary for your devices to communicate with other devices and the operating system. By default, Windows 10 ships with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager

On Windows 10, drivers are necessary for your devices to communicate with other devices and the operating system. By default, Windows 10 ships with a range of generic drivers for monitor (display), wireless connections like Bluetooth, keyboards, mouse, and other hardware installed by the manufacturer.

Windows 10 typically downloads and installs drivers automatically via Windows Update, but they are not always the latest version, especially graphics and wireless drivers.

To install drivers manually, users need to open Device Manager and locate the device that requires a new driver. Once found, users need to right-click and select “Properties”, and from there, they need to click on the update the driver option to load the new package downloaded from the manufacturer’s website.

Identifying the correct device is another issue and you have to search them out manually. In the preview builds, Microsoft appears to be testing a new feature that will allow users to quickly install new drivers without first identifying the device. Microsoft is also introducing new options to filter the list of installed drivers and devices.

To install new drivers, you can now click on the “Add driver” option, as shown in the below screenshot.

Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager Windows-10-Device-Manager.jpg

It’s important to remember noting that this feature works only when you’re adding a driver for applicable devices. It cannot be used to update existing drivers. If you want to update existing drivers, you will still need to find the device that requires a driver update and select “Update Driver.”

New options in Device Manager

In addition, Microsoft has also enabled support for these new drivers focused views:

• Devices by drivers: This new option lists the drivers and devices using .inf files. It can help you identify devices using a particular driver. Once you’ve identified the driver, you should be able to remove it instantly.
    • Drivers by type: This new option lists inf driver files by the type of device.
    • Drivers by devices: This new option list the devices and their .inf files.

These new options are designed for power users and anyone can use it to manage drivers more easily. The above new options were added with Windows 10 Build 21343 and it will be rolled out widely with the Sun Valley update in October or November.

The post Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 16, 2021

2. Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 16, 2021
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 16, 2021
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, May 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10: You can soon quickly load new drivers via Device Manager - Similar Threads - soon quickly load

2. A driver can not load on this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver can not load on this device: I enabled Memory Integrity in Windows 11 and after restarting the laptop, a popup appeared of Program Compatibility saying "A driver can not load on this device" Driver:-AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sysCan anyone please help me with this issue...
  3. A driver can not load on this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A driver can not load on this device: I enabled Memory Integrity in Windows 11 and after restarting the laptop, a popup appeared of Program Compatibility saying "A driver can not load on this device" Driver:-AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sysCan anyone please help me with this issue...
  4. New Quick Assist app will soon be integrated into Windows

in Windows 10 News
    New Quick Assist app will soon be integrated into Windows: Microsoft announced the retiring of the integrated Quick Assist application of the Windows operating system in May 2022. Quick Assist is a remote assistance application, which may be used to get or give assistance. It is commonly used by technicians to provide remote...
  5. can you use device manager remotely on a Windows 10 target?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you use device manager remotely on a Windows 10 target?: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am trying to use Device Manager on a remote Windows 10 computer.I open up Computer Management and then I right click Computer Management and select Connect to another computer and input the hostname of the target Windows 10 computer.Computer...
  6. can you use device manager remotely on a Windows 10 target?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you use device manager remotely on a Windows 10 target?: I have a Windows 10 computer. I am trying to use Device Manager on a remote Windows 10 computer.I open up Computer Management and then I right click Computer Management and select Connect to another computer and input the hostname of the target Windows 10 computer.Computer...
  7. can you use device manager remotely on a Windows 10 target?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. A driver Can not load on this device

A driver Can not load on this device: Please help me, with this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-driver-can-not-load-on-this-device/580022cc-0063-4bf3-bd73-7bb620bd98b0
  9. windows driver update can't be installed via device manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows driver update can't be installed via device manager: I have downloaded my Asus laptop driver files from Asus website and tried to install latest version of some drivers in device manager but it can't find my new update files anywhere in my computer also it can't find any update for drivers by searching online how can I solve...
  10. Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -

Driver update failure via Device Manager in Safe Mode -: Confronting with a series of Windows 10 driver update issues recently. The most recent one is as follows: Managing to update the graphics drivers 2 graphic interfaces: an AMD Radeon R5 M335 and an Intel HD Graphics 520 - integrated of my PC via Device Manager with the...