Windows 10: Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

Discus and support Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jkd, Aug 9, 2015.

1. JKD
    Jkd Win User

Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a private pc and I am the main user and administrator. I've seen lots of posts on other forums for exactly the same problem and several suggested fixes that don't work.

Anyone suggestions?

:)

2. Taffy087 Win User

"You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

thanks for this.

Taffy087, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Jsssssssss Win User
    "You don't have permission to save in this location" when trying to save to Microsoft Works

> how do I find the answers to my questions?

Clicking on your blue profile name

gee-jay1

brings you to your profile page where all of your threads are listed.

More info (slightly outdated) here:
    FAQ

Jsssssssss, Aug 9, 2015
  4. ricorp Win User

ricorp, Aug 9, 2015
  5. JKD
    Jkd Win User
    Thanks, I am the owner of all the files and I'm also the administrator on the computer with complete control over all files etc. / except that I no longer have control! I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and on that had no problems.

Anyone have any other suggestions

6. yujimasato Win User
    Im having the same problem.......if id known this i wouldve stayed on windows 7 *Mad i cant save anything where i want....

yujimasato, Aug 10, 2015
  7. Koala Win User
    I'm having the same problems, I can save to one drive but not to the PC. Its really frustrating. Does anyone have a fix?

Koala, Aug 10, 2015
  8. Bazz Win User

Your not the only ones it's a common problem after the upgrade and not a universal fix, search the forums some have fixed this and some have not.

Regards

9. JKD
    Jkd Win User
    Yes, I've looked at forums. they include all sorts of ideas and lots of failures to solve the problem.

Here are other ways NOT to solve the problem (I've tried them)

1. Revert to Windows 8.1, since the problem didn't occur in that version. This did not work! I now have the same problem in Windows 8.1

2. Disconnect from the microsoft account and sign in using a local account. Also does not work.

3. Disable all features that you can of One Drive. Also does not work.

10. Bazz Win User
    Wow this is the first time I have seen a windows 10 problem go back to your previous OS.

Did you not create a Disk Image before upgrading that you can restore to put you back to your origanal OS.

11. JKD
    Jkd Win User
    Well, I have everything backed up routinely on an external HD, but I don't know if that is the same as a system image

12. Bazz Win User
    Nope a system image is everything, your whole operating system as it is at the time of the image being taken.

13. JKD
    Jkd Win User

Right, so I can't go back. Still looking for a solution to the problem. I'm finding more 'solutions' on forums that don't work!

14. chris1neji Win User
    JKD
    What machine do you have? If you are able to please update your systems specs. Are you currently on windows 8 or windows 10? How many HDD or SSD do you currently have in your machine? Any external drives?

Any locations that you are able to save to? What locations are you not able to save to? Please write out the full path.
    example: C:\Users\generic old account\documents\ is location that I am unable to touch etc...

chris1neji, Aug 10, 2015
  15. JKD
    Jkd Win User
    Hi Chris
    Dell PC that has been upgraded recently and has worked fine until I upgraded to W10 and got this problem.

One HDD in the computer and one SSD plus an external drive.

I can't save new documents anywhere first time, I'm always offered the chance to save at a higher level. Also if I try to open existing documents they are always opened as read only.

I'm currently back on Windows 8.1 after upgrading to W10 and then reverting to 8.1.

Thema:

1. Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... - Similar Threads - don't permission save

2. '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' on windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' on windows 10: when I try to access my USB I get this message '' you don't currently have permission to access this folder'' (on windows 10 ) any help would be appreciated...
  3. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  4. Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 says I don't have permission to save anything.: This just started yesterday. I have tried using Take Ownership on everything but it still says I don't permission to save anything. I can save things in certain folders and Desktop but I can't save anything under my Documents, Pictures, OneDrive or anything. I get this error...
  5. "You don't have permission to save in this location"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You don't have permission to save in this location": I installed a photo editing program program (DxO Filmpack 3) which I had previously used successfully on a different computer that also runs Windows 10. But on my new computer, whenever I try to save a photo to a folder on my Desktop using the program, I get the following...
  6. "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"....

in Windows 10 Support
    "You don't currently have permission to access this folder"....: "You don't currently have permission to access this folder".... I had this problem before and solved it by right clicking the affected folder , choosing the security tab and so acquiring total control. But this time is going on with J:\ drive that is my smartphone´s SD...
  7. Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save files "You Don't Have Permission to Save..." W10: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I loved the changes, until yesterday. I am signed in as the administrator of my account. I tried to save a simple spreadsheet to Documents in One Drive. I received this message: "You don’t have permission to save in this location....
  8. Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save files "You don't have permission to save here": I started this thread because I could not find the original one with this issue. I was having this issue as well as many others. I would try to save a file either with a program or browser and would get a pop up saying I didn't have permission to do so. After searching for an...
  9. You dont have permission to save to this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You dont have permission to save to this location: "You don't have permission to save to this location. Contact the administrators to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Documents folder instead?" This message randomly pops up when I am trying to save something to the desktop, like a newly created .txt file or...
  10. You do not have permission to save in this location

in Windows 10 Support
    You do not have permission to save in this location: Hi guys, i recently upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. i am trying to save a power point slide to a new folder i created in my documents folder. I get the message saying that i do have permission to save in this location,contact the administrator for permission?? can...