Windows 10: Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

Discus and support Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just installed Windows 10. Now I find I am unable to save documents. A pop up window says contact the administrator for permission. It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jkd, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Tekware Win User

Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

This is a process but it worked for me:
    You can follow these steps for one folder or go here to make sure your folder is shared with Everyone
    1.Right click on the folder that you can't access and click share with >specific people
    2. Click add and then enter Everyone for a user name
    3. Click read permissions where it says read to read/write
    4. Click share, click done

1. Right click properties on the folder you can't access
    2. Click advanced.
    3. Click change owner
    4. Type Everyone for the owner and select owner reset to full control.
    5. close properties
    6. Then click on the save file box and choose the default folder you want to save to in the open dialog box.
    With a new owner with full control of everything and sharing it should work if you followed this completely. Worked for me. *Shock

Tekware, Nov 18, 2016
  2. Nilesh Win User

Hi. I'm facing the same problem but make it possible currently. Well while troubleshooting with myself i was thinking since when the problem started then I noticed the problem started since from i have been logged in my laptop with the Microsoft account. So I just went to users and logged out from the Microsoft account and again logged in as normal admin user. And problem solved it never asked me again with some message like this. Well I'm not the techies or computer knowledge guy but it worked for me. I googled the error but no one was with the solution so temporarily i made it out myself. The problem is with microsoft account.

Thanks and Regards.

Nilesh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location.....

1. Windows 10: You don't have permission to save in this location..... - Similar Threads - don't permission save

2. "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message: Was trying to download a driver and save it on the drive where my OS is installed. Got the error message that read "you don't have permission to save in this location...". So tried changing user access and now nothing works. I can't click on start or right click on any...
  3. "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message: Was trying to download a driver and save it on the drive where my OS is installed. Got the error message that read "you don't have permission to save in this location...". So tried changing user access and now nothing works. I can't click on start or right click on any...
  4. "You don't have permission to save in this location..." error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11: You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator...: I am trying to modify a file in a subfolder System 32. I am the only user of the account. When trying to change permissions for the subfolder in system 32 the permissions are greyed out and thus unable to change permissions to allow me to modify a file....
  6. Windows 11: You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator...: This thing have been preventing me from making my PowerPoint presentation for the whole night and it just couldn't be helped. There's nothing wrong with my user permissions, I have literally tried everything people suggest here and it still doesn't work. There's no way to get...
  7. You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator Windows 10 fixed

You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator Windows 10 fixed: is this good or bad thing. i am unable to download anything from internet to my hardrives https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-dont-have-permission-to-save-in-this-location/4e81ff07-0fa3-4410-b042-1b83a5c3bb8e
  8. You don't have permission to save in this location

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You don't have permission to save in this location: I am getting this error message on all files in My Documents Just did the 9/8/2020 Win 10 update!!! "You don't have permission to save in this location"...
  9. you don't have permission to save in this location

you don't have permission to save in this location: Latest Windows update I am a developer and one client is having the issue that his app can't save ordinary text files to his Documents folder. They can be saved to the User root below Documents. I added 'everyone' with full control to the permissions list for Documents but...
  10. "You don't have permission to save in this location"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You don't have permission to save in this location": I installed a photo editing program program (DxO Filmpack 3) which I had previously used successfully on a different computer that also runs Windows 10. But on my new computer, whenever I try to save a photo to a folder on my Desktop using the program, I get the following...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you do not have permission to save in program files