Windows 10: Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Discus and support Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi" Step To Recreate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tictag, Jun 12, 2020.

1. tictag Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Unable to connect Windows 10 Your Phone app to Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app, error reported: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Step To Recreate

1. Windows 10: Your Phone app, click 'Phone Screen'
    2. Windows 10: Your Phone app, "We need permission to display your phone screen"
    3. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Connected to Your Phone app on <hostname>"
    4. Galaxy S10: Notification, "Accept connection?" > Accept
    5. Windows 10: Your Phone App, ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Points To Note

• Windows 10 device is connected via WiFi to Galaxy S10's WiFi hotspot i.e. tethered
    • Galaxy S10 device is connected to the Internet via the mobile phone network
    • Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app is configured to "Use mobile data"
    • Both Windows 10 Your Phone app and Galaxy S10 Link To Windows app connected to same Microsoft account
    • All other Windows 10 Your Phone app features work flawlessly e.g. Calls, Messages, Photos, Notifications etc

Anyone know how to fix this? Everything else works fine, just this feature is broken.

Troubleshooting

• Updated all apps
    • Updated Windows 10
    • Updated Galaxy S10
    • Uninstalled / reinstalled / reconnected all apps
    • Factory reset Galaxy S10
    • Prayed

Software Versions

Windows 10 Your Phone App v1.20051.93.0

Samsung Galaxy S10 Link To Windows v1.20041.82.0

Screenshots

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi" 6974c614-df69-4789-a9fd-b25afd72fc51?upload=true.png

:)

tictag, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone app Calls feature now in general availability

Hello Drew, *Smile

It seems I have the Calls feature (still in preview) available for my S9. Possibly still A/B testing for Insiders.

It is the Phone screen feature that will only be available for:

• Samsung Galaxy Fold
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ Note 10+
    • Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e
    • Samsung Galaxy A30s/A50s/A90

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi" [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy S10 5G Coming Soon

UPDATE 4/22: Samsung to Postpone the Launch of the Galaxy Fold

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-f...le-leadership/

Brink, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi"

Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone now available online and in stores

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-s...ng-smartphone/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Your Phone App - Samsung Galaxy S10 - ERROR: "Connect to the same WiFi" - Similar Threads - Phone App Samsung

2. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  3. Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pairing Phone Link to Galaxy S10: I'm having trouble connecting the Phone Link App from my Samsung Galaxy S10E to my Surface Laptop. I tried terminating, repairing, and finally resetting the Phone Link app on my PC, Bluetooth is on on both devices and they are paired.Now I can't get the Phone Link App to...
  4. Your Phone Companion App not pairing with my Samsung Galaxy M31

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Companion App not pairing with my Samsung Galaxy M31: Hello,It was working fine few years back, but now I'm trying to pair my Windows 10 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy M31 via Your Phone Companion app.1. Tried using QR code scanning to pair but getting error 'Something went wrong, please continue to sign in manually' Screenshot...
  5. Your Phone Companion App not pairing with my Samsung Galaxy M31

Your Phone Companion App not pairing with my Samsung Galaxy M31: Hello,It was working fine few years back, but now I'm trying to pair my Windows 10 laptop to my Samsung Galaxy M31 via Your Phone Companion app.1. Tried using QR code scanning to pair but getting error 'Something went wrong, please continue to sign in manually' Screenshot...
  6. Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone will not connect to Samsung S10+: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nimraynn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i50bbs/your_phone_will_not_connect_to_samsung_s10/
  7. Your Phone and Android 10 Samsung Galaxy s9

Your Phone and Android 10 Samsung Galaxy s9: I have a problem getting my Samsung Galaxy s9 and Windows PC to connect and sync. I have tried everything I could find online. I uninstalled on my phone, reset on PC, unlinked both, removed device from Windows account, and anything else I could find. Both devices are on the...
  8. "Link to Windows" (Your Phone) fails to connect on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10

"Link to Windows" (Your Phone) fails to connect on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10: I have recently bought a Note 10 and tried to use the "Link to Windows" feature, which is basically just the Your Phone app. I've used this with multiple other devices on my PC before, all without issues. With the Note 10 though, I can't establish a connection. I go through...
  9. Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy S10 5G Coming Soon

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy S10 5G Coming Soon: Spring is an exciting time for consumers and Samsung. Soon, we will introduce not one, but two, of the biggest leaps forward in mobile innovation: Starting tomorrow, anyone who has registered on Samsung.com to receive more information about Galaxy Fold will be given an...
  10. Your Phone App not Connecting to Galaxy S8

Your Phone App not Connecting to Galaxy S8: I have done all the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the support website. I have uninstalled and reset the phone and desktop app multiple times. Nothing can make them connect. They both get stuck on the Check your PC/Phone screen. My phone is an Galaxy S8 my laptop is a...