Windows 10: Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to be able to use the My Phone app to connect my Android phone (which is running Android version 9) to two different PCs - a desktop when I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David.Cheshire, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop

I wish to be able to use the My Phone app to connect my Android phone (which is running Android version 9) to two different PCs - a desktop when I am at home, and a laptop when I am out and about.

I have connected the phone to my Windows 10 desktop PC with no problem. But I have been unable to connect the same phone to my laptop PC. When I try the process never completes. The phone seems to be tied to the desktop PC.

Is this possible, to connect my Android phone to two different PCs and switch between them depending on which one I am using?

:)

David.Cheshire, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Dec 18, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop

1. Windows 10 "Your Phone" App - Switch between Desktop and Laptop - Similar Threads - Phone App Switch

2. Your Phone app not working on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app not working on laptop: Your Phone app works perfectly on my desktop, but not at all on my laptop. It recognises that the phone is there, but the notification sent by the laptop never reaches the phone. I have gone through all the troubleshooting suggestions checking same network, same Microsoft...
  3. YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?

YOUR PHONE app for windows 10?: Can I get the YOUR PHONE app to work with both of my android phones? It would be great to be able to use both of my smartphone #'s in the one app on Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-for-windows-10/6b99e49e-c262-4914-b19c-43c85bb9d14d
  4. Switch laptops between desktops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switch laptops between desktops?: With Windows 10 there is the possibility to switch between "desktops". So not different monitors, but virtual desktops to work structured. Now I have the problem that if I start an application in Desktop 1 (e.g. Discord) and then swap to Desktop 2 before Discord has fully...
  5. Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer

Can't connect Your Phone app between phone and computer: I can't connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) with my Windows 10 laptop. Both are up to date. I've tried reinstalling the phone app, clearing the cache and data for the phone app and resetting the desktop app. I've tried unlinking and relinking my phone to my Microsoft...
  6. Your Phone app fails to complete the connection between PC and phone

Your Phone app fails to complete the connection between PC and phone: The Your Phone app fails to connect the PC and my phone. The connection starts asking one to approve the connection on the phone. The approval pops up on the phone and you are able to approve the connection. As far as the phone is concerned the connection is good. However the...
  7. windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 switching between different Virtual Desktops: Bug reproduce: OS: windows 10: 1803 (x64 intel 7500U 8G ram) it is easy to reproduce the bug.... When I press Task View it will show currently opened apps on this desktop (e.g. desktop 1) then I add a new virtual desktop (e.g. desktop 2) Now Task View shows I have...
  8. Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Virtual Desktops in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple virtual desktops. Create custom...
  9. Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Switch Between Apps on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Many apps can run at the same time on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, and there's an easy way to switch between the apps you've used most...
  10. Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10: How to: Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 How to Switch Between Open Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task view. Task view is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple...