Windows 10: Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

Discus and support Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I reset my computer for my friend to use it everything when to crap. I updated it and it has windows 10 now. But every time I try to restart it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mackennabrown, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

When I reset my computer for my friend to use it everything when to crap. I updated it and it has windows 10 now. But every time I try to restart it, it is unable to sign in and says you are logged onto a temporary account. I can't use any apps and the computer barely functions now.

***Modified title from: Windows 10***

:)

mackennabrown, Dec 28, 2018

2. Temporary Profile

Hi,

Use these methods along with those in my previous reply.

How to Fix "You've been signed in with a temporary profile" Error in Windows 8 and 8.1 (Windows 10 is the same)

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/38817-you-ve-been-signed-temporary-profile-fix.html

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Dec 28, 2018
  3. signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Dec 28, 2018
  4. SBEV Win User

Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

Morning

Got exactly this problem. To start with it was named correctly, so I went thru the steps described above. Then it was named incorrectly so I went through those steps. Now it just keeps generating new temporary profiles (scrolling up through numbers each time). I've included some pics below. vickerse is the right username.

Serves me right for doing software updates :/. It did load initially after the updates tho.

All advice appreciated! Please and thank you.

Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile [​IMG]

Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile [​IMG]

Thema:

Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile

1. Windows 10: You've been signed in with a temporary profile - Similar Threads - You've been signed

2. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  3. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  4. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10: I went on my computer and this message came up. Now all my stuff is gone. I tried to fix it by deleting the temporary profile and getting rid of the .bak from the real one, but it came back! Then I deleted both of them, yet it still returned. Please help....
  6. You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10: I went on my computer and this message came up. Now all my stuff is gone. I tried to fix it by deleting the temporary profile and getting rid of the .bak from the real one, but it came back! Then I deleted both of them, yet it still returned. Please help....
  7. You've been signed in with a temorary profile windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. You've been signed in with a temporary profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    You've been signed in with a temporary profile: When ever I sign in with my account I get a weird text saying PREPARING WINDOWS and then when I open it I see that all my data is gone, my folders are empty, my desktop is empty, I tried the registry editor trick, I tried the cmd trick but none of it is working, when I did...
  9. You've been signed in with temporary profile error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You've been signed in with temporary profile error: I upgraded to windows 10 about a month ago, from windows 7 home edition (64 bit). I didn't have problems for a few weeks, everything worked correctly. I connected my user with my MS account and that worked as well. The problem started, when about 4 days ago i turned on...
  10. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10: How to: Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 How to Fix 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile' Error in Windows 10 A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 all users load with a temporary profile

2. windows 10 youve been signed in with a temporary profile

3. windows 10 signed in with temporary profile

4. windows 10 youve been assigned a temporary