Windows 10: Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

Discus and support Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We couldn't install Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x2000CThe installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David_090, Jun 21, 2022.

1. David_090 Win User

Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

We couldn't install Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x2000CThe installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation

:)

David_090, Jun 21, 2022
  2. macbeth Win User

windows update Error number 0x80004005

When i try to update windows. This came up.

[Error number: 0x80004005]
    The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.
    For self-help options:

Frequently Asked Questions

Find Solutions

Windows Update Newsgroup
    For assisted support options:

Microsoft Online Assisted Support (no-cost for Windows Update issues)

Thats what it said when i tried updating windows, anyone know why?

macbeth, Jun 22, 2022
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

1. Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1. - Similar Threads - 10_2004 errors trying

2. Trying to Update Windows, getting multiple errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to Update Windows, getting multiple errors: I just got a new Acer Predator Helios 300, the only thing ive done to it is updated the ram for 16 to 32other than that its completely untouched, so i noticed my screen keeps freezing, like mouse wont move, windows button doesnt work nothing and i have to restart my whole...
  3. Trying to Update Windows, getting multiple errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Update Windows, getting multiple errors: I just got a new Acer Predator Helios 300, the only thing ive done to it is updated the ram for 16 to 32other than that its completely untouched, so i noticed my screen keeps freezing, like mouse wont move, windows button doesnt work nothing and i have to restart my whole...
  4. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done? The image...
  5. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done? The image...
  6. Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800f0831 when trying to update windows: Hi, I've done some troubleshooting on my own and discovered I'm missing KB4566782 that's causing the error. However when I go to the Microsoft catalog the KB file isn't there to download. Has anyone run into this problem before? Is there anything that can be done?...
  7. Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.: We couldn't install Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x2000CThe installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation...
  8. Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10_2004 errors trying to update to Windows 10_21H1.: We couldn't install Windows 10. 0xC1900101 - 0x2000CThe installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during APPLY_IMAGE operation...
  9. Windows Update Error 0x800705b4 Try 2

Windows Update Error 0x800705b4 Try 2: I tried to resolve this issue on a previous ticket but my reply saying the issue not resolved was not responded to so I am posting it again. See the old ticket here:...
  10. Error trying to update Windows

Error trying to update Windows: I am trying to update my windows to the current version but am getting error: error code 0xc1900107 when updating. I have been attempting to repair/reinstall Windows 10 for sometime now and thought the reason for these errors would be due to the fact that the version isn't...