Windows 10: Windows 10May2019 Upgrade (Installation Error On Primary W10Home), An intermediate solution

Discus and support Windows 10May2019 Upgrade (Installation Error On Primary W10Home), An intermediate solution in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Reported on 28-05-2019 by Feedback: Windows10May2019Upgrade fails* by an Installation Reboot Error for a Primary W10Home-installation. It hangs after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeslinkDK, Jun 3, 2019.

1. GeslinkDK Win User

Windows 10May2019 Upgrade (Installation Error On Primary W10Home), An intermediate solution

Reported on 28-05-2019 by Feedback: Windows10May2019Upgrade fails* by an Installation Reboot Error for a Primary W10Home-installation. It hangs after Restart/Reboot on the PC’s Factory name and trying Shutdown/Restart it ends in Rollback to the current installation.

*) Either via W.Update or by the latest Windows10 Upgrade Assistant or Media Creation Tool. Happened on 2 different PC’s, not for a second and third W10-installation on them.

FAULT + Intermediate SOLUTION: the hard installation error is caused by a faulty handling of a multiple boot configuration by the present Window10May2019 upgrade software; got that confirmed by uninstalling the extra Windows10 installations (in formatting their partition and deleting their boot configuration by bcdedit /delete {id} command). Yet the upgrade, by Windows Upgrade Assistant went through without any problem.

Remains to reestablish the multiple installation from my Image backups + their multiple boot,

Windows Development must correct for the above.

03-06-2019: Added comment

To W10 Development: please announce when the real solution is available in your Windows10 May2019 upgrade blog

Reestablishment of the multiple boot of the second and third Windows 10-installations executed as:

1) For the multiple boot choice: a shortened clean W10 build 18362.1 installation from a prepared USB-drive (until first restart by forced shutdown) in their emptied W10-partitions.

2) Reinstalling the latest Acronis/Seagate image backups in their W10-partitions by a Recover action from the prepared Acronis USB drive.

NOTE: my W10 System images don’t contain personal user files and use 15 to 35 GB in their 60 to 100 GB partitions, cleaned by W10 Disc cleaner for system files and optimized. For user files I always create a max possible I:\DATA partition with main folders DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC, VIDEOS, WORK, WEBBOXES added to the W10 Library system and with backup by Allway Sync Pro. Local OneDrive folder preferably in an SSD partition. Can recommend such.

:)

GeslinkDK, Jun 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 3, 2019
  3. birdie Win User
    Let's have a poll on "Your primary Windows OS"

Let's have a poll on Your primary Windows OS:
    • Windows 10
    • Windows 7
    • Windows 8
    • Windows Vista and earlier
    Why "primary Windows OS"? Some of us may have alternative OS'es installed (CentOS for me), some of us may have two or more Windows versions installed concurrently.

Thank you!

birdie, Jun 3, 2019
  4. DarkEgo Win User

Windows 10May2019 Upgrade (Installation Error On Primary W10Home), An intermediate solution

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10May2019 Upgrade (Installation Error On Primary W10Home), An intermediate solution - Similar Threads - 10May2019 Upgrade Installation

2. Found SOLUTION to the 0x80888002 error code on attempting to install 22H2 upgrade on windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found SOLUTION to the 0x80888002 error code on attempting to install 22H2 upgrade on windows.: After days of attempting to install the latest update 22H2 and having it stall at 8%, I found this solution posted by Tekkie Boy an Insider.Run this command in an command prompt as admin:reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution...
  3. Found SOLUTION to the 0x80888002 error code on attempting to install 22H2 upgrade on windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Found SOLUTION to the 0x80888002 error code on attempting to install 22H2 upgrade on windows.: After days of attempting to install the latest update 22H2 and having it stall at 8%, I found this solution posted by Tekkie Boy an Insider.Run this command in an command prompt as admin:reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution...
  4. One solution to installation error 2803

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One solution to installation error 2803: Just had this error on one computer while installing the 2021 version of TurboTax. I installed it on a different machine without error. Long story short: Microsoft explains this error this way: "Dialog View did not find a record for the dialog [2]." For me, this was an...
  5. One solution to installation error 2803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One solution to installation error 2803: Just had this error on one computer while installing the 2021 version of TurboTax. I installed it on a different machine without error. Long story short: Microsoft explains this error this way: "Dialog View did not find a record for the dialog [2]." For me, this was an...
  6. One solution to installation error 2803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. safe to delete intermediate partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe to delete intermediate partitions?: I'm dual booting ubuntu 18.04.3 alongside Windows 10, I want to allocate 100gb of disk space for ubuntu. I already have 50gb of unallocated space, I want to extend another 50gb from windows c. but there are two partitions in between can I delete them? I wanted to know the...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade error codes and solutions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Upgrade error codes and solutions: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If your Windows 10 Upgrade has failed and if you have noted down the error code, then this post offers some basic solutions to troubleshoot & resolve the problem. We have seen how to troubleshoot Windows 10 Installation & Update [...] This post Windows 10...
  9. Intermediate stuttering

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermediate stuttering: Got a new msi gp63 leopard 428 laptop. Every few seconds when im clicking on touchpad or actual left click button it doesnt register. Feel as if theres a lag, i have to click again. Also when clicking program settings open and closing sometimes theres a delay before it takes...
  10. Dumb question from an intermediate. But...

in Windows 10 Support
    Dumb question from an intermediate. But...: Where is the dialog box on Windows 10? I looked under start, system, then searched dialog box. I have googled online. I found a comment where Windows 10 hides the dialog box. I want to enter code to bring up system information. 90817

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.manulifedc.com/files/dviso/31march2020.exe

2. acronis 2019 backupcontinously stop and restart in w10