Windows 10: windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack

Discus and support windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey guys, spent a while looking through support questions for this but my issue seems slightly different in that I have the corect download (media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by inutIT, Oct 9, 2018.

1. inutIT Win User

windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack

hey guys,

spent a while looking through support questions for this but my issue seems slightly different in that I have the corect download (media feature pack for 1803, build 17134) which downloads and verifies correctly but then fails to install:

any ideas on how to fix this?

:)

inutIT, Oct 9, 2018

2. Win10 N Will not install Media pack

I am using windows 10N Insider preview and The media pack will not install. I have tried the following:

• Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1508 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 - KB3133719
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4016817
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4039813

The only one to install was the very first one. However Media player is not installed, there are no media player folders. I can add the app.

Every other version say the update is not applicable to your system. Not sure how
    that's even possible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing. No media player. Should I just assume that it does not work and will never be fixed or is there some magic that I
    don't know about to get this thing working and installed correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Moved fromwindows 10N unable to install the media feature pack :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Jeffrey L Johnson, Oct 9, 2018
  3. procras Win User
    Problem with Media Feature Pack.

When I follow these steps Media Features are not listed, despite having downloaded and installed the Windows Media Feature Pack! Please help! Can't install GTA: V! Aaaargh!

procras, Oct 9, 2018
  4. windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack

Problem with Media Feature Pack.

I have the same problem. i made the mistake of joining the Insiders Preview and my computer, which was working beautifully, had all its media stripped as soon as i installed the preview. If you are 10N, stay the hell out of Insider's way. 10N's problems
    is not a priority. i am signing out ASAP once the new Media Feature Pack is available for the latest build.

Windows 10N

Version 1709

OS BUild 16299.15

PauloBagini, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack

1. windows 10N unable to install the media feature pack - Similar Threads - 10N unable install

2. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  3. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  4. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to install Media Feature Pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack: I have a Surface Pro 7 Win 10 20H2I followed this instruction but the option is not show uphttps://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-october-2020-2f992f23-1fca-60a3-9907-fd4fe896a8a7...
  6. Unable to Install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10N - Version 2004

Unable to Install Media Feature Pack for Windows 10N - Version 2004: I have always been able to add the media feature pack to my school computer after Windows 10 Updates. But when I installed the latest update Version 2004 - Build 19041.746 and then went back into start menu to add Media Feature Pack it "fails" - Please Help -- I am the...
  7. Media Feature Pack missing on normal Windows 10 (not Windows 10N).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Feature Pack missing on normal Windows 10 (not Windows 10N).: Hey! A friend of mine wanted to get into streaming, the problem is, he can't run any games cause he does not have the Media Feature Pack installed. And he can't get it installed either. He's not running Windows 10N. We've tried anything and couldn't get it fixed. submitted...
  8. Unable to install Media feature pack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install Media feature pack: I've tried installing the Media feature pack, but without luck. On the optional features it'll tell me the install failed. Downloading it also fails with a "The update is not applicable to your computer". Customer support doesn't help out too much. My specs: Windows 10...
  9. unable to install media feature pack and BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install media feature pack and BIOS: I am using windows 10 pro N 1903 version, the issue is I can't install Microsoft media features pack and the bios driver. whenever I want to play some online video it asks me for a media features pack. please help me....
  10. Unable to install media feature pack 1809

Unable to install media feature pack 1809: Hi I used a Windows Installation Tool to install Windows fresh and at the same time I formatted both my storage units. One SSD and one HDD. I am using Windows Home 10 N. When I tried to install the media feature pack it says that the update can not be applied to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media pack unable to ijnstall

2. unable to install media feature pack