Windows 10: Windows 10pro with a W10 family key

Discus and support Windows 10pro with a W10 family key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok, so my pc has been telling me for a couple month that I have to activate Windows but in my parameters I can see that everything is ok apart for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxadrienVan Hecke, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Windows 10pro with a W10 family key

Ok, so my pc has been telling me for a couple month that I have to activate Windows but in my parameters I can see that everything is ok apart for the fact that when I click on the repair button, I see a notification that I have a product key for W10 family but W10 proffessional is installed.

And when I do what it tells me to do othing change.. If somebody, somewhere, can help me it would be very nice. Thank you.

***moved on english forum***

:)

MaxadrienVan Hecke, Dec 11, 2018

2. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hello Karthicka_R

thank you for your reply.

But as i wrote in my question: without any new installation.

• I have a valid installation of Windows 10home
    • I can upgrade this to Windows 10pro but i have to pay it, i don't want to pay anything, because
    • I have a valid Windows 8pro license key which i can upgrade to Windows 8.1pro and then to Windows 10pro, but i don't want install all new on my PC which is running Windows 10home.
    • I want to get a Windows 10pro product key for my Windows 8pro product key and enter them in my Windows 10home in the 'Change Product Key Dialog' to bring my Windows 10home to Windows 10pro without any new installation.
    • I can't believe that i can only upgrade my for an update to Windows 10pro valid product key only with a new installation.
    Thanks for any answers.

Kind regards

Andre

Andre Loehrer, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10pro with a W10 family key

Windows 10 Family reports not showing up

Hello,

Well, there are some additional steps which needs to be enabled once we are in Windows 10, that was the reason I had suggest to follow the steps from the link, but as you have mentioned that everything was setup correctly you may follow the steps and check.

• Press Windows key + R key.

• Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.

• Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from

familysafety.microsoft.com
    the next time you sign in.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10pro with a W10 family key

1. Windows 10pro with a W10 family key - Similar Threads - 10pro W10 family

2. Product key for windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key for windows 10pro: My system runs on windows 10pro but the product key got expired. I need another product key to enable me reactivate it.Please can I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-for-windows-10pro/5d6e088d-f23b-45fa-b1b7-950d2a57441a
  3. Product key for windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key for windows 10pro: My system runs on windows 10pro but the product key got expired. I need another product key to enable me reactivate it.Please can I get one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-for-windows-10pro/5d6e088d-f23b-45fa-b1b7-950d2a57441a
  4. Product key for windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10pro

Windows 10pro: Is Windows 10pro, purchased from Microsoft website, a retail version that can be re-installed if i build a new PC. As in it can be transferred to a totally new PC?Thank you for any help...
  6. Windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10pro: Is Windows 10pro, purchased from Microsoft website, a retail version that can be re-installed if i build a new PC. As in it can be transferred to a totally new PC?Thank you for any help...
  7. Product key - upgrade to windows 10pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Product key - upgrade to windows 10pro: I ordered windows10pro through store but did not receive the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-upgrade-to-windows-10pro/21fff449-12a6-452e-bb76-b73596a5d830
  8. Windows 10Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10Pro: can't update Windows it installs the update and when restarts it uninstall I been trying to install this update quite a few times and and the same results all the times. PS this is the last update for my windows 10Pro can you guys help am frustrated that not all can't up date...
  9. Windows 10HOME key , but Windows 10PRO is insalled

Windows 10HOME key , but Windows 10PRO is insalled: Hello----- I recently purchased a hard drive with Windows 10 installed---trying to activate--- Failed. --- Found out that WIndows 10 PRO is installed on hard drive but the key provided is for Windows 10 HOME ---- I'm want to uninstall Pro and then download HOME but don't...
  10. windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10pro: i do not want windows 10pro but icannot work on my device without the activation of that windows and i do not know the product key so what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10pro/de3ad722-978d-4b97-9e90-177f7f452845