Windows 10: Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses

Discus and support Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses | PC Gamer A recent update to the built-in antivirus software in Windows 10 has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Spartan, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Spartan Win User

Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses

Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses | PC Gamer

- - - Updated - - -

Let alone the fact that it's one of the heaviest AVs out there but the Windows Defender fanboys still want to convince themselves that it's light because they never saw how their system could be without it.

Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses gggg.png

- - - Updated - - -

A post from Wilders Security:

Spartan, Sep 6, 2020

2. Question on viruses and documents

Once the virus is removed just use a reputable antivirus program like AVG. I suggest AVG because it does check usb devices for viruses automatically once you stick the usb drive into the usb port.

EastCoasthandle, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Ubersonic Win User
    Antivirus tools are a useless box-ticking exercise says Google security chap

Haven't used standalone antivirus in about 14 years, I make a point of not downloading viruses from dodgy sites instead. Plus Windows has had decent AV built in now anyway.

Ubersonic, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses

List of Anti-Viruses working in Windows 10 TP

Hello guys,

Recently, I saw many people asking about the working anti-viruses for Windows 10 Technical Preview, so I decided to create a thread and share the information. Because Sharing is Caring!
    Here is list of some anti-viruses which are tested and found working on Windows 10 Technical Preview. [Note: Some of them might lack in their features]

• Bitdefender antivirus free edition
    • Mcafee Antivirus Free
    • Avira Antivirus Free
    • ESET Smart Security
    • Avast 15
    • Webroot Secure Anywhere Endpoint Protection
    • AVG Antivirus Free | Might work

If you know any, feel free to share with us. I will update this thread.

-

Fahadking07, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses

1. Windows 10's built-in antivirus can now be used to download viruses - Similar Threads - 10's built antivirus

2. Windows 10 S antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 S antivirus: I just bought a HP laptop with Windows 10 S. Does it come with antivirus or do I need to download my virus protection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-10-s-antivirus/124fa815-92b0-49a5-9f19-cb393ce0da86
  3. Windows s mode antivirus

Windows s mode antivirus: Ive just purchased a laptop running windows 10 s mode. What antivirus software if conpatible with this? Or does it have full virus protection already? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode-antivirus/027d9f6f-f0a9-4e14-95dc-1ee83d052bb8
  4. using additional virus protection with s mode

using additional virus protection with s mode: What anti virus program can I install on this windows computer that has S mode for additional protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-additional-virus-protection-with-s-mode/1c4ae55a-48af-408d-800e-36caee5a9d29
  5. S mode and antivirus

S mode and antivirus: I have been debating switching out of S mode since I got my device, but I am scared of what exactly that would mean. If I get rid of S mode, does antivirus protection go with it, or are they unrelated? To my understanding, S mode is "Added Protection", but if I get rid of it,...
  6. Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode?: Can you download and use Zoom with Window 10 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-download-and-use-zoom-with-window-10-s/74562b51-e6d8-49c5-b574-74eeb69f0b5c
  7. Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus

Emsisoft antivirus caught the 10 virus: emsisoft was scanning my pc, then caught some 10 viruses.I hit the emergency kit and the virus has been removed my pc away. My pc seems good.. thumb up . *Smile 132852
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus can now run in a sandbox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Antivirus can now run in a sandbox in Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus has hit a new milestone: the built-in antivirus capabilities on Windows can now run within a sandbox. With this new development, Windows Defender Antivirus becomes the first complete antivirus solution to have this capability and continues to lead...
  9. Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?)

Had malware virus infection, now I'm a Built-in Administrator(?): Hi all, I suffered an infection yesterday from some soft of Malware/Virus, I believe that I managed to remove the offending program with a bunch of scans from Malwarebytes, SpyBot, AVG, Panda and BitDefender (I went overboard but wanted to make sure my system is clean)....
  10. 'Windows 10 S' is now 'Windows 10 Now with S Mode'

in Windows 10 News
    'Windows 10 S' is now 'Windows 10 Now with S Mode': [img] When Microsoft announced Windows 10 S, it was immediately clear that this SKU didn’t fit well into Microsoft’s lineup. It was pitched as a complete product and that it could also be upgraded (for free) to a full version of Windows but based on documents I was able...