Windows 10: Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM

Discus and support Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the changes that Microsoft is making in Windows 10 is the gradual replacement of the traditional Control Panel with the new PC settings, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 22, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM

Source

:)

labeeman, Jun 22, 2015
  2. Paujjjjl Win User

I can't disable password prompt in windows 10.

I can't disable password prompt in windows 10. I've turned it off on control panel, on settings, it won't go away.

Paujjjjl, Jun 22, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Windows Explorer shuts itself down constantly after upgrading toWindows 10

Yes, that sounds like a problem with a Control Panel applet.

If you could find a problematic one you could rename the applet and then upgrade to Windows 10.

auggy, Jun 22, 2015
  4. Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM

Thanks for the info

I expected CP to go at some point in the future, but didn't think it could be that soon

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Times change so does OSs. As far as the CP it will take a little getting use to, albeit nothing last forever. . .*Smile

6. labeeman Win User
    Some things do last forever (Taxes).LOL

labeeman, Jun 22, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    There's always God Mode, 254 entries by now.

CountMike, Jun 22, 2015
  8. linw Win User

That's certainly an alternative, Mike. Takes a while to scan all the entries, though!

9. CountMike New Member
    Like anything else, you should know what to look for in advance, no pretty pictures there, must read but more stuff than thru control panel are easily accessible.

CountMike, Jun 22, 2015
  10. dencal Win User
    Settings is a far better way to find things than groping around on the old Control Panel.
    Its only because of its familiarity over the years using the old system that regular users find it easy to find things.

Newcomers on the other hand find the Control Panel a nightmare trying to find things
    How much simpler it is to open Settings and type in box (top right hand corner) what you are looking for.
    It couldnt be simpler in my opinion.... 10/10 M$

dencal, Jun 22, 2015
  11. Same is true of Control Panel, defaults to the search box where you type in what you are looking for

paulsalter, Jun 22, 2015
  12. dencal Win User
    Settings is far more comprehensive than Control Panel.
    As an example in Apps and Features you can see size of each App and date installed, useful to know if you have a problem with either shortage of space or a malfunction and any queeries come up instantly, prompted even before you have finished typing.

dencal, Jun 22, 2015
  13. gzt7d8 Win User

This was expected. I'm sure I was one who voted to move everything under Settings, it just made sense. CP had a good run, it's time to set on the beach and enjoy retirement. *Cool

gzt7d8, Jun 22, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes,, this is old news.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  15. Mystere Win User
    Good old softpedia, stating the obvious as "news". Control Panel is slowly moving away, but it's not going to fully do so for a long time to come.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM - Similar Threads - 10’s Control Panel

2. Window 10 in S Mode blue "For security and performance..." box will not go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 in S Mode blue "For security and performance..." box will not go away: Recently when I start up my laptop a blue box with the following message will appear, "For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs Microsoft-verified apps This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly....
  3. Number Lock Wont Go Away On Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock Wont Go Away On Windows 10 S: I Am On A Lenovo Laptop Running Windows 10. And The Number Lock Indicator Icon Wont Go Away, It Worked Fine When I Had The Laptop For Days, And The Problem Just Started Happening, Please Help....
  4. Microsoft could soon hide Control Panel pages on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon hide Control Panel pages on Windows 10: The Control Panel hosts a collection of advanced options for customizing system settings of Windows and it first appeared in Windows 2.0. With Windows 8, Microsoft decided to modernize everything and they introduced a modern or touch-optimized app that contained only basic...
  5. Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel in Windows 10: Just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Will the old system backups from Control Panel work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-in-windows-10/906c931a-bb69-42d8-91b5-3589b17cd68f
  6. Control panel on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel on windows 10: Where do I find the "Control Panel on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-on-windows-10/8ac149ab-be2c-48bb-ab12-61424c5f7847
  7. To Go From Windows 10 TP To Windows 10 RTM

To Go From Windows 10 TP To Windows 10 RTM: So I have been a member here for a little while, and I have had fun playing with different Windows 10 technical preview builds, but just like everybody else I am getting ready to make the move to Windows 10 RTM version. In my case I want to leave the technical previews behind...
  8. Windows 10 Control Panel

Windows 10 Control Panel: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. In my CP I have items that still relate to 7. Is there anyway to remove them? [img] 14564
  9. Windows 10 control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 control panel: On windows 10 how do you locate the control panel? I am having a problem finding it. 28789
  10. RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work: Hi there After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it -- and it eventually disappears so you can't access any of the items on it any more. I know you can do a lot of things in...