Windows 10: Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM

Discus and support Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some things do last forever (Taxes).LOL Sales yes, albeit Income taxes no, I am over 72 hence, no income tax. . .*Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jun 22, 2015.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM

Sales yes, albeit Income taxes no, I am over 72 hence, no income tax. . .*Smile

2. meebers Win User

I am much older than you, don't have any W2's and pay a lot of income taxes! Please share the secret.

meebers, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Boozad Win User
    I'm not adverse to moving over to Settings, but it's something I think MS should have done in one go instead of bit by bit over a period of time. Also they really need to flesh out the Settings that are no longer available in CP, such as choosing certain files for your desktop slideshow instead of having to choose the whole parent folder, or adding back the same amount of time between slides. These are only a couple of items I've stumbled on but I'm sure there are more that are missing or not as in depth as CP was.

While I don't think W10 is a dumbed down OS, the settings that have migrated to Settings and have disappeared from CP so far are certainly dumbed down.

Boozad, Jun 22, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

I'd rather have them make clean cut and cross over to Settings than to have to chase stuff here and there.

CountMike, Jun 22, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I agree.. MS has moved things all of the time in previous OS's. This is far from new.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  6. Wynona Win User
    If you're on SSI, Meebers, you generally don't owe taxes on it. If you have a nice fat retirement from a company or have a nice fat income from investments over the years, then most likely you do owe taxes. *Smile

Hubby and I don't owe any taxes at the end of the year, so we don't even have to file. *What

Wynona, Jun 23, 2015
  7. waltc Win User
    Nice, isn't it? It still feels "wrong," somehow...! Lol! But in actuality nothing could be finer than thumbing nose at the IRS, especially with the present crowd they have in there now. That IRS head honcho acts as if he's the Lord's Gift to the government. People like that guy, though, unfortunately festoon the government bureaucracies. It's like he's wearing a sign that reads: "You can't fire me so don't even try!" Grrrrr....those folks rub me the wrong way...!

waltc, Jun 23, 2015
  8. Gene Win User

The fact you don't owe taxes does not mean that you don't have to file. If you earn over $10,700 you must file even if you don't have any tax liability. If you are retired and over 70 1/2 you must file if you have a 401-k or an IRA.
    Be sure to get competent advice before failing to file .

9. Frank1 Win User
    When I first read that they would not have Control Panel, I wasn't happy. But someone on the forum said to take a look at all the features in "settings" which I did. I then discovered that I can be happy without CP as everything seems to be in settings.

Frank1, Jun 23, 2015
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

in MOST (if not all) jurisdictions income taxes depend on your INCOME (after taxable allowances have been deducted) --not your age --- Unless you have some really "creative" accountants" if you earn more than a minimum amount (value depends on Tax Jurisdiction you come under -- note not always where you live) you'll pay some tax. Even aged 95 year old mega rich "Rock musicians" will pay if their royalties after expenses exceed the minimum tax threshold.

(Some places - but very few such as Monaco might allow tax exemption but those places have very strict requirements and the numbers of those places are very few indeed).

I'm sure over 70's in USA pay income tax if their "Taxable income" exceeds whatever the minimum value is there (plus any State / other taxes). If not the USA would be SWAMPED by over 70's all rushing to live tax free there. !!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 24, 2015
  11. LEE
    Lee Win User
    *Ditto. . .You just explained it far better then I could. . .100% Military disability paid by the VA after a twenty four year career. (retired O-6)

12. tinmar49 Win User
    You lot are rambling, what has income tax got to do with control panel. I will miss control panel. The settings slider is nearly invisible.

tinmar49, Jun 24, 2015
  13. Frank1 Win User

Yes--we are a little office topic. Let's get back.

Frank1, Jun 24, 2015
  14. Wynona Win User
    Awwwwww, shucks! That's just the nature of forums . . . if you haven't gotten off track within three posts, sump'n's wrong.

Wynona, Jun 24, 2015
  15. CalBear37 Win User
    Yes! That was my thought before even reading the thread.

CalBear37, Jun 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s Control Panel Will Go Away, Could Survive in RTM - Similar Threads - 10’s Control Panel

2. Window 10 in S Mode blue "For security and performance..." box will not go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10 in S Mode blue "For security and performance..." box will not go away: Recently when I start up my laptop a blue box with the following message will appear, "For security and performance, this mode of Windows only runs Microsoft-verified apps This helps protect your PC and keep it running smoothly....
  3. Number Lock Wont Go Away On Windows 10 S

in Windows 10 Customization
    Number Lock Wont Go Away On Windows 10 S: I Am On A Lenovo Laptop Running Windows 10. And The Number Lock Indicator Icon Wont Go Away, It Worked Fine When I Had The Laptop For Days, And The Problem Just Started Happening, Please Help....
  4. Microsoft could soon hide Control Panel pages on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon hide Control Panel pages on Windows 10: The Control Panel hosts a collection of advanced options for customizing system settings of Windows and it first appeared in Windows 2.0. With Windows 8, Microsoft decided to modernize everything and they introduced a modern or touch-optimized app that contained only basic...
  5. Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel in Windows 10: Just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Will the old system backups from Control Panel work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-in-windows-10/906c931a-bb69-42d8-91b5-3589b17cd68f
  6. Control panel on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control panel on windows 10: Where do I find the "Control Panel on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-on-windows-10/8ac149ab-be2c-48bb-ab12-61424c5f7847
  7. To Go From Windows 10 TP To Windows 10 RTM

To Go From Windows 10 TP To Windows 10 RTM: So I have been a member here for a little while, and I have had fun playing with different Windows 10 technical preview builds, but just like everybody else I am getting ready to make the move to Windows 10 RTM version. In my case I want to leave the technical previews behind...
  8. Windows 10 Control Panel

Windows 10 Control Panel: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. In my CP I have items that still relate to 7. Is there anyway to remove them? [img] 14564
  9. Windows 10 control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 control panel: On windows 10 how do you locate the control panel? I am having a problem finding it. 28789
  10. RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    RTM via upgrade - Control panel doesn't work: Hi there After an upgrade to RTM - if you try and run Control panel from the start button (right mouse) it appears but you can't do anything with it -- and it eventually disappears so you can't access any of the items on it any more. I know you can do a lot of things in...