Windows 10: Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

Discus and support Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; When I try to open a photo.JPG with default app of windows 10 Microsoft Photo Viewer it can't open it. It does not happen all the time but sometimes it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TanmayRai, Aug 6, 2020.

1. TanmayRai Win User

Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

When I try to open a photo.JPG with default app of windows 10 Microsoft Photo Viewer it can't open it. It does not happen all the time but sometimes it shows nothing just a black windows of Photo Viewer. I have to close the app and try a few more times then it shows the same photo. I have tried resetting it but still the same problem. How do I fix it ? I have the latest windows update with i7 9th gen processor 8gb of ddr4 RAM and 6gb 1660ti nvidia graphics.

:)

TanmayRai, Aug 6, 2020
  2. bala6233 Win User

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

Hai,

Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type.

Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes. [​IMG]

Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes. [​IMG]

Regards.
    bala.

bala6233, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

This tutorial may help.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

1. Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes. - Similar Threads - 10's default Photo

2. No jpg file info in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No jpg file info in Photos app.: File data, in particular GPS data, does not seem to be accessible using the Photos app in my Windows 11 Lenovo laptop purchased Nov. 2021. I can find file info by using the "properties" option, but not by using the Photos app. I do not see an option for file info in the...
  3. An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    An App default was reset error it reset the windows photo viewer to default photos: Hello Sir, My name is Ronak Savla, I have windows 10 pro, I get an problem as I start my computer for some work, I see the default app is changed from windows photo viewer which I installed as an registry file and it changes to default photo app. Can you give me any...
  4. Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app: I am running Win 10. I want to use Photocommander to view jpgs but when I try to set it as the default it does not come up in the options list. Thanks for your help. Sharon in PA...
  5. Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open jpg files via Photo app and windows 10: I cannot open gopro photos which are jpg files. I was able to some months ago but today I cannot open the photos I use to be able to view nor new photos. My laptop is up-to-date. What has happened - is there a problem with Window 10? I need to view these photos - please...
  6. default jpg viewer

default jpg viewer: How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL. 105204
  7. Change default photo viewer app

Change default photo viewer app: My friend did something on her computer the other day in which her pictures folder - the pictures are not pictures now, they have the default photo app viewer. How can I change them so she sees the pictures are pictures? [img] 103812
  8. Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).: I'm not making any headway on answers.Microsoft.com so I'm hoping the experts here can explain why I cannot replace the Photos app with Windows Photo Viewer as the default image viewer (in build 10240). From all outward appearances, it seems Windows Photo Viewer is...
  9. Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer: Photoscape is an app that is functioning normally. I want to make it my Default Photo Viewer. When I go to Settings/Default Apps it is not on the list On one attempt to set, it stated that Photoscape was "unavailable" (not sure where that occurred) I have tried a number...
  10. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326