Windows 10: Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes

Discus and support Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; All Dell’s Windows 10 and gaming devices come with a pre-loaded software called Dell Mobile Connect. Dell has also published the app in the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 8, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes

All Dell’s Windows 10 and gaming devices come with a pre-loaded software called Dell Mobile Connect. Dell has also published the app in the Microsoft Store and at the moment, you can download and install the app on any Windows 10 PC.

Dell Mobile Connect app is possibly the best way to connect your phone to your laptop wirelessly. Through Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10, you can interact with your Android phone and iPhones.

It’s worth noting that the integration isn’t just limited to transfer of files, photos or videos. The app from Dell actually allows users to access the phone’s notifications, control apps installed in the phone, mirror the phone contents right on your Windows 10 device. It also shows up notifications of various apps and lets you respond to messages or calls.

Although the app is designed run on Dell computers, it also works on non-Dell devices without any issues.

The major update

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes Mobile-Connect-Messages.jpg

Today, Dell updated the app with several major improvements that were announced at CES 2019 conference.

Dell Mobile Connect app has been updated with a brand new interface and it also features Microsoft’s Fluent Design elements. The blur and other Fluent Design effects are noticeable when hovering the mouse over the sidebar.

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes Mobile-Connect-app-mirroring.jpg

Today’s update comes with the following improvements:

• Totally redesigned user interface: After updating or installing the app, you’ll notice a revamped interface with a modern finish.
    • You can now wirelessly drag and drop photos, videos, music, and documents between your PC and smartphone.
    • This update removes group text message support.
    • The app will no longer work on phones with Android 5.0.
    • Performance enhancements and bug fixes.

To download the app, head to the Microsoft Store, Play Store and search for ‘Dell Mobile Connect’ on both devices. If the Windows 10 app store listing says the app is compatible with your device, you need to scroll down and tap on the ‘install button’ located at the header, as shown in the screenshot below.

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes Dell-Mobile-Connect-in-Store.jpg

After installing the app, follow the quick one-time set-up to wirelessly connect your phone.

The post Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Mar 8, 2019
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    Windows 10 update being enabled.

Try setting your connection to metered and it shouldnt automatically download updates

To change this option for a wired Ethernet network, open the Settings app, head to Network & Internet > Ethernet, and click the name of your Ethernet connection. Enable the “Set as metered connection” option on the properties page.

Source

NdMk2o1o, Mar 8, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s Dell Mobile Connect app gets a big update with major changes - Similar Threads - 10’s Dell Mobile

2. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  3. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  4. My Dell & Mobile Connect app Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Dell & Mobile Connect app Issue: Am used My Dell & Mobile Connect app,but after reinstallation of windows am not getting this apps.showing error This app is not compactable with this device,but am using Dell G5 5500 latest gaming laptop and purchased this in 2020 year.Please get me help for this issue....
  5. How to use Dell Mobile Connect app with an iPhone or Android

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Dell Mobile Connect app with an iPhone or Android: [ATTACH]File transfers between your Phone phone and Dell laptops were never that easier, until the discovery of Dell Mobile Connect app. The feature has been […] This article How to use Dell Mobile Connect app with an iPhone or Android first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update

in Windows 10 News
    Everything new in Windows 10’s next major update: The next big update ’20H1′ for Windows 10 has been finalized, as we already know, but Microsoft is planning to test the update for another few months before rolling it out to the general public. In November 2019, Microsoft said that Windows 10 20H1 will be known as version...
  7. Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10 to get new features

in Windows 10 News
    Dell Mobile Connect app on Windows 10 to get new features: Back in 2018, Dell unveiled a new app called Dell Mobile Connect which is the company’s first PC-smartphone integration service. The app basically allows you to make and receive phone calls directly, send and receive SMS from your PC. All you need to do is download the Dell...
  8. Dell’s Mobile Connect app is now available for all Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Dell’s Mobile Connect app is now available for all Windows 10 PCs: Dell Mobile Connect app was announced a little while ago and you can finally download it on your non-Dell Windows 10 PCs. Dell Mobile Connect is an alternative to Microsoft’s very own Your Phone app and you can use it to sync the data across your PC and smartphones. Dell...
  9. Microsoft announces a major update for Windows 10’s Skype app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces a major update for Windows 10’s Skype app: Microsoft is finally putting the focus entirely on the Skype UWP client that can be installed from the Store, and the software giant today announced a new update for Skype UWP, which can be tested on by Insiders. The new Skype experience comes with best in class calling...
  10. Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter’s PWA app for Windows 10 is getting a big update: Last month, Twitter made their new Progressive Web App (PWA) for Windows 10 official and confirmed that they are still committed to Microsoft’s desktop platform. Twitter today in a series of tweets announced that they are updating the Windows 10 app with support for night...