Windows 10: Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency

Discus and support Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has admitted that EdgeHTML rendering engine will be discontinued and the rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser will use Chromium source codes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Dec 31, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency

Microsoft has admitted that EdgeHTML rendering engine will be discontinued and the rebuilt Windows 10’s Edge browser will use Chromium source codes. Microsoft’s Edge brand is not going anywhere and the company isn’t planning to give up on its typical Edge marketing push.

The company recently released Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and it comes with significant Edge improvements. As expected, the Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency.

The stats suggest Microsoft Edge is improving in terms of power efficiency as compared to rivals like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Microsoft’s benchmark puts its browser in a good light but with Edge moving to Chromium, the differences are likely to go lower in future releases.

Microsoft says that the benchmark was performed on multiple Surface Book running Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763. Microsoft used Surface Book with Intel i5-6300U processor clocked at 2.4GHz, 8GB of RAM, and Intel HD Graphics 520.

Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency Microsoft-Edge-features.jpg

Microsoft has also shared the technical details of the hardware and software. For example, in tests, the brightness of the Surface Book was set to 50%, the device was connected to a wireless network, and it was running on battery (not plugged).

The cache of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox were cleared before running the tests.

Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency Edge-battery-backup.jpg

The company says that the laptops played an HTML5 video in fullscreen until all of them had lost power. Microsoft’s test concludes Edge browser as the winner which can provide up to 24 percent better battery life than Chrome. On the other hand, Edge offers up to 94 percent battery backup over Mozilla Firefox.

The post Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Dec 31, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Building a more power efficient browser

Source: Building a more power efficient browser | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 browser efficiency comparison with Microsoft Edge

Source: Browser efficiency comparison - Fullscreen Video

Brink, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s Edge remains the best browser when it comes to power efficiency - Similar Threads - 10’s Edge remains

2. BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode: My laptop is an Asus TUF A15—Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, rtx 3050TI card. I was having non-stop BSOD and reinstalled Windows a few times windows 11 Home Last time I didn't install the ROG Armory crate. Now I do not get BSOD when my laptop is plugged in. Unless I use Best Power...
  3. BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD only WHEN USING Best Power efficiency mode: My laptop is an Asus TUF A15—Ryzen 7 CPU, 16GB RAM, rtx 3050TI card. I was having non-stop BSOD and reinstalled Windows a few times windows 11 Home Last time I didn't install the ROG Armory crate. Now I do not get BSOD when my laptop is plugged in. Unless I use Best Power...
  4. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  5. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !: Good morning, just a straight forward question today, what would be the best setting for me regarding efficiency mode on Edge? My laptop is always on my desk top plugged in, I would like the best performance settings please! At present "Unplugged, low battery" !Brian...
  6. Efficiency mode "Edge" browser !

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.: Hello. Most of the time I use my laptop for browsing and PDF reading and these activities doesn't require much performance so most of the time my power mode is set to power saving mode. But int the power mode there is another option which is " Best power efficiency ". So, in...
  8. Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.

Best power efficiency VS power saving mode.: Hello. Most of the time I use my laptop for browsing and PDF reading and these activities doesn't require much performance so most of the time my power mode is set to power saving mode. But int the power mode there is another option which is " Best power efficiency ". So, in...
  9. Windows 10 browser efficiency comparison with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 browser efficiency comparison with Microsoft Edge: Browser efficiency comparison - Fullscreen Video Windows 10 October 2018 Update Methodology summary The Microsoft Edge team measured the time it took identical Surface Book laptops to run fully through their batteries while streaming HTML5 video in fullscreen. The test was...
  10. Building a more power efficient browser

in Windows 10 News
    Building a more power efficient browser: Today, Jason Weber shared a post on the Windows Experience Blog demonstrating the power efficiency of Microsoft Edge over other popular browsers on Windows 10. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we are hard at work pushing the envelope further, engineering Microsoft Edge...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser efficiency comparison - fullscreen videowindows 10 may 2019 updatemethodology summarythe michigan

2. power efficiency browsers