Windows 10: Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update

Discus and support Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft says Windows 10 cumulative update KB4532695, which is available as an optional update for consumer and enterprises, fixes multiple bugs in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 31, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update

Microsoft says Windows 10 cumulative update KB4532695, which is available as an optional update for consumer and enterprises, fixes multiple bugs in File Explorer. According to the changelog, Windows 10’s optional update fixes a bug that broke File Explorer search bar and disabled right-click in the search bar.

Windows 10 File Explorer issues were first discovered in November 2019 Update shortly after its public rollout. In December, users reported that the search bar can freeze for long periods of time. Many Windows 10 owners also confirmed that File Explorer’s new search experience prevents users from right-clicking in the search bar.

While Microsoft has resolved the above two issues affecting File Explorer and Control Panel, the new search experience is still buggy. For example, you have to click twice to reset the caret position and input your search query.

Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update File-Explorer-search-bar-bug.gif

Although Microsoft says it has enabled right-click support, search box continues to be a facade and it can’t be right-clicked until you left-click the bar to activate it. The new Search bar has another bug where advanced Query Syntax keywords, operators, and filters are no longer highlighted in blue colour.

File Explorer’s unified search experience is still a mess and it looks like things won’t get better until Windows 10’s 20H1 update is out.

Microsoft has yet to acknowledge the new problems with Explorer and there don’t appear to be any workarounds. If you have installed Windows 10 November 2019 Update, you have to accept the possibility of experiencing issues with File Explorer and Control Panel.

Windows 10’s November 2019 Update is being rolled out to more users via Windows Update, but it won’t be installed automatically unless you’re on October 2018 Update. You can always delay the November 2019 Update if you’re not ready for a buggy File Explorer experience.

The post Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
  3. lintekPC Win User
    Buggy Windows 10 Home Network File Explorer

First my network configuration:

- Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron 13-5368 laptop

- CentOS 6.8 on a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop

- The Vostro is the Samba/Linux server

- The 13-5368 is the Samba/Windows client

- The Vostro is the network's computer browse master

- The Computer Browser service on the 13-5368 is disabled to avoid conflicts

Working:

- sharing

- printing

- computer names are list in the network file explorers (both PCs)

Problem scenario:

- shutdown the 13-5368

- the computer's name is removed from the browse list as seen from the Vostro (Samba Server)

- restart the 13-5368

- open the network file explorer on Windows 10

- only the Vostro PC computer name is listed

- enter the Windows 10 \\computer_name, it is found, displayed and the share is accessible

- close the network file explorer on Windows 10

- recheck after an hour, no Windows 10 computer name is displayed

- close the network file explorer on Windows 10

- logout of Windows 10

- sign into Windows 10

- open the network file explorer on Windows 10

*** now all computer names are displayed ***

Appears to be a buggy Windows 10 Home Network File Explorer. This happens when I used either WSD or NetBIOS

for network discovery. Only the logout/sign-in refreshes the list of computer names. My Windows 7 Pro laptop

in the network does not have the problem after a shutdown and restart.

lintekPC, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update :p

Frick, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s File Explorer is still buggy after latest update - Similar Threads - 10’s File Explorer

2. File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update: After the latest Windows 11 update, windows explorer, home, shows three areas, quick access, favorites, recent. file related actions not working properly, like not able to remove from current area or to add to other area. quick access area vanished after made empty. Any...
  3. File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update: After the latest Windows 11 update, windows explorer, home, shows three areas, quick access, favorites, recent. file related actions not working properly, like not able to remove from current area or to add to other area. quick access area vanished after made empty. Any...
  4. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  5. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10's Latest Update: Windows 10's latest update was not what I expected to be. I can't open the start menu, I can't do task view, I can't change the volume, I can't open up the calendar, and I get a file system error when I open up an image or video....
  6. Windows 10's Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer has changed after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer has changed after latest update: After the latest update I went into File Explorer devices and other things have changed and are missing I have to go into Quick access arrow next to it to find more. When did this update change and why its so annoying now here is a photo what I am looking at now when I first...
  8. AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY

AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY: it's past 6 years since the release of windows 10, it took me over 4 years to install it but I still see bugs and it's like everyday has a bug to offer. It's either blue screen of death or corrupted user profile when u haven't made any changes or installed any software. I'm...
  9. Safe to install 2004 update or still buggy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to install 2004 update or still buggy?: I'm currently on 1909 version and I've gone through several posts about the 2004 update in this subreddit and r/windows and saw some people had issues while some had little to no problem. Thing is that my laptop is my daily driver and I don't want to face any bugs or...
  10. Windows Explorer not responding after latest Windows 10 update

Windows Explorer not responding after latest Windows 10 update: Since latest Windows 10 update am unable to use my laptop computer as Windows Explorer does not respond after the sign in window. How do I fix this?...