Windows 10: Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon

Discus and support Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hardware-accelerated scheduling support for GPU was recently added to Windows 10 with May 2020 Update and Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM 2.7).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 30, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon

Hardware-accelerated scheduling support for GPU was recently added to Windows 10 with May 2020 Update and Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM 2.7).

Hardware acceleration is a technical term used to describe tasks being offloaded to specific hardware. As the name suggests, Windows 10’s new feature allows both integrated and dedicated GPUs to more directly manage their VRAM (Video RAM), which holds pixels and other information on a monitor.

Windows 10 already passes most of the graphical intensive tasks within the apps such as Google Chrome to the GPU.

On the other hand, hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (HAGS) will pass memory management control from the software to the GPU, which in turn should allow the GPUs to better manage their VRAM and free up the CPU a little to improve graphics responsiveness and performance.

Earlier this month, Nvidia released new drivers adding support for hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling Microsoft introduced with the Windows 10 May 2020 update. Following last week’s Nvidia driver release, AMD and Intel have shared more details.

Over the weekend, AMD published its driver version 20.5.1 Beta with Graphics Hardware Scheduling. For now, the driver offers support for Windows 10’s new feature on two products—Radeon 5700 series and 5600 series. Support for Ryzen, Vega and even Navi 14 5500 series is currently absent.

Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon Hardware-accelerated-GPU-sheduling.jpg

If you have the supported version of the driver installed, you should be able to enable the feature by heading to Settings > System > Display > Graphics settings.

On the other hand, Intel has quietly published new documentation to confirm that support for hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (HAGS) will be included in a future release of their WDDM 2.7-based drivers.

“At the same time, WDDM 2.7 introduced a new feature named Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. This feature is currently not supported by the latest Intel DCH drivers [but] Intel is looking to include support for this feature in future driver releases,” the chipmaker noted.

It’s likely that most of the Intel’s integrated GPUs will support the feature, but don’t expect anything too significant here and some users have also discovered that game performance can be negatively impacted when the feature is enabled.

The post Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 30, 2020

2. AMD GPU issues on Windows 10

I have a dual GPU laptop, with a power saving GPU, integrated, from Intel and and a "high performance" GPU by AMD. Now, I just noticed this, but despite my settings in AMD's Catalyst Control Center, no application was running on the "high performance" GPU.
    To try to fix this, I decided to uninstall both drivers completely, starting with Intel then AMD, the opposite of what I usually do. Then, I installed AMD first then Intel, again the opposite of what I do usually.

This seems to have fixed the issue where no app is running on the AMD card, but created a new one. Whenever I open or close an application that is set to run on the AMD GPU, the computer freezes for a few seconds, and only then moves on. Using the application
    feels normal and fine, except when opening and closing them.

Another issue is Windows 8 apps (I tried Asphalt 8, specifically) can't run in full screen using the AMD GPU. When I click the full screen button, said app crashes.

For reference, my GPUs are:

Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Intel core i3-2330M)

AMD Radeon 6470M (now referred to by Windows as AMD Radeon 7400M Series)

Please help.

João Carrasqueira, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Making Eyes & Head Hurt??

Unless you have a really old Nvidia GPU there's a Win 10 driver, you have to scroll up in the list rather than down.

Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon [​IMG]

Edited: I'd suggest you uninstall your driver with DDU.

fracking4oil, Jun 30, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My Laptop is stuck with the intel integrated graphics when i also have a AMD (its a laptop) only became a problem when i installed windows 10

Hi Josh, please
    Click HERE
    for a step by step guide on how to make your AMD GPU the default display device in Windows 10 . . .

DaveM121, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s GPU scheduling feature heading to AMD & Intel soon - Similar Threads - 10’s GPU scheduling

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 GPU-Scheduling Setting?: Can someone explain what the Windows 10 Hardware-enabled GPU Scheduling option under Display and Graphics Settings does? I clicked it to on and the only thing I've noticed with normal use is that both HWMonitor and seem to be unable to show GPU usage. It stays at...
  6. Microsoft details Windows 10’s new GPU scheduling feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details Windows 10’s new GPU scheduling feature: Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling, which was introduced in the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, recently received driver support from Nvidia and AMD. Intel also confirmed that they are working on new WDDM 2.7-based drivers to enable Windows 10’s new performance-boosting feature....
  7. Nvidia GeForce 451.48 adds Windows 10 GPU scheduling feature

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia GeForce 451.48 adds Windows 10 GPU scheduling feature: Nvidia GeForce 451.48 for Windows 10 has just been released by Nvidia, and those running Windows 10 May 2020 Update will want to install the newly released driver. That’s because Nvidia GeForce 451.48 driver update adds support for Windows 10’s hardware-accelerated GPU...
  8. AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  9. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...
  10. Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER: I asked a PC Expert on YouTube for help. I wanted a way to force Defender to do a weekly full scan (not the quick scans it prefers doing). Brian (the kind Brit PC guru) posted a tutorial using Task Scheduler here -- How to Schedule a FULL Scan with Windows Defender - YouTube...