Windows 10: Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more

Discus and support Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 comes with a hidden Immersive search bar that looks and behaves quite like Apple’s macOS Spotlight search box. Microsoft started building... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 25, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more

Windows 10 comes with a hidden Immersive search bar that looks and behaves quite like Apple’s macOS Spotlight search box. Microsoft started building the Immersive search bar in preview builds of Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Redstone 4), but for some reason, Microsoft didn’t confirm that it has been testing a new search interface.

The floating search bar moves results that you normally found from the Windows Search to a central location and it can be accessed with the traditional Windows+S shortcut

In addition to new Search and Cortana improvements, Windows 10 May 2019 Update also comes with improvements for the hidden Immersive search bar. In Windows 10 version 1903, Immersive search bar comes with UI changes, Top apps list, recent activities and improved performance.

Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more Windows-10-rounded-corners.jpg

It’s also worth noting that you can now enable rounded corners on Immersive search bar and we’ve heard that it also works on October 2018 Update.

Enable Windows 10 Immersive search with rounded corners

You have to modify Windows 10’s Registry entries to access the floating search bar. Once enabled, the search bar is moved to a central location from the left corner of the taskbar.

It’s important to note that modifying the Windows Registry can cause serious problems and you are following this guide at your own risk.

To enable Immersive search with rounder corners, follow these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\
    3. Click on Search folder.
    4. Right-click on the right-side pane and click on New. Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more Reg-editor.jpg
    5. Create DWORD Value (32-Bit) with the name ImmersiveSearch.
      Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more ImmersiveSearch-value.jpg
    6. Double-click the DWORD and change its value data to 1.
    7. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\
    8. Right-click the Flighting folder and click on New.
    9. Name the key “Override”.
    10. Select the Override folder, right-click on the right-pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit).

In the override folder, you have to create two DWORD (32-bit) entries:

• ImmersiveSearchFull with value data 1.
    • CenterScreenRoundedCornerRadius with value data 9.

Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more Registry-Editor.jpg

It should look exactly like the above screenshot.

After creating the new entries, restart the File Explorer process from Task Manager or the PC to access the new search bar.

If you want to disable ImmersiveSearch, follow these steps:

• Open Registry Editor and navigate to the old locations.
    • Remove the three DWORD (32-bit) entries only and not the folders.
    • Restart File Explorer process or the PC.

The post Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 25, 2019

2. How to bring back round window corners on Windows 10?

I like the look of Windows XP, and Windows 7, and like the round corners of the windows of the apps. Windows 10 seems to take a step to remove them and make it 90 degree corners.

Are there ways to bring back the round corners on Windows 10?

太極者無極而生, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Fromjim Win User
    Making Rounded Corners

I tried that site a few days age, my computer has been cleaned by Windows Defender, the first to report that I was infected with Malware, also by Malwarebites, Spy Bot , and a few more that monitor my computer, thanks for trying, but beware.

Fromjim, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more

1. Windows 10’s hidden immersive search has rounded corners and more - Similar Threads - 10’s hidden immersive

2. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rounded corners in windows 10: Hello there, i need a free way to get rounded corners in windows 10.I said free because i don't want you saying windowblinds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners-in-windows-10/29c4784f-80b6-4e82-8ca8-f6c2667d5759
  3. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rounded corners in windows 10: Hello there, i need a free way to get rounded corners in windows 10.I said free because i don't want you saying windowblinds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners-in-windows-10/29c4784f-80b6-4e82-8ca8-f6c2667d5759
  4. rounded corners in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  6. Rounded Corners

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rounded Corners: Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to bring back the beautiful square corners that fit so well on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rounded-corners/70f7f75d-b361-4b00-b5db-68f85cfabdaf
  7. Round Corners

Round Corners: Please help me, I wanna know how should I add round corners to every windowi.e. app I open. Kinda like the windows XP style, I guess Regards Dhruv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/round-corners/33c9a4cf-ea6c-4c21-b011-a482cfb73307
  8. Round corners

Round corners: I tried to make my window corners look rounded by enabling immersive search in registry editor but the changes didn't appear, and my windows version is 1909. Any help please?...
  9. Round Corner?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Round Corner?: I know it sounds weird, but is there any tools that make rounded screen corner on windows? I'm using a windows pad, the pad itself is rounded but the screen is sharp square, so I'm wondering if I could make this rounded. submitted by /u/ProgUn1corn [link] [comments]...
  10. Enable Immersive Search and Rounded Corners in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable Immersive Search and Rounded Corners in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In Windows 10 v1903 and later, the overall experience to search files, folders, remain more or less the same as seen in previous versions. However, you can make changes to the User Interface. For instance, you can replace the flat [...] This post Enable...