Windows 10: Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet

Discus and support Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It looks like Windows 10’s highly anticipated feature Sets is not ready for testing yet as Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc has confirmed that the software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 25, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet

It looks like Windows 10’s highly anticipated feature Sets is not ready for testing yet as Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc has confirmed that the software giant is still working on Sets.

Windows 10 Sets is an impressive feature that would group your favourites apps together for a more productive experience. Windows 10 Sets brings tab-like interface to apps such as File Explorer, Office, Microsoft Edge and others.

Sets was originally slated to be a part of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (codenamed Redstone 5). The feature is now expected to arrive with Windows 10 19H1 (Spring 2019) update but it appears that Sets is not yet ready for beta testing.

In a tweet, Microsoft’s Brandon LeBlanc revealed that the Sets feature is not ready for Windows Insiders and there is no ETA to share.

“No ETA unfortunately,” Brandon LeBlanc explains. “It’s more of its not ready”.

No ETA unfortunately.

— Brandon LeBlanc (@brandonleblanc) October 25, 2018

Microsoft removed Sets from Windows 10 October 2018 Update in order to continue making it great and the feature is not available in the preview builds of Windows 10 19H1 either.

About the Sets interface

Windows 10 Sets is a great new idea that would change the way you use a computer. It’s a really interesting feature as it basically groups apps, browser tabs and File Explorer together as tabs. It looks and works just like the web browser tabs.

Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet sets-feature-in-file-explorer.png
    Image Courtesy: Microsoft

For example, you can work on a Word document, PowerPoint and Microsoft Edge at the same time from one window. The most interesting part of Sets is that the feature would work with Windows Timeline so you can pick up that work regardless of where you are. The grouped documents, Edge, File Explorer and other apps can be pulled up on your machine at office or home.

Microsoft will allow Insiders to test the Sets feature and get valuable insight from excited users before pushing the interface change to everyone.

The feature might arrive later this year for Insiders and in the month of April for the general public. According to Microsoft’s typical release cycle, Windows 10 19H1 update is projected to be finalized in March ahead of a public launch in April.

The post Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 25, 2018
  2. PT
    pt Win User

OCZ Technology Launches the Highly Anticipated OCZ GeForce 8800 GTX GPU, Hand-Selected for the Extre

highly anticipated?

by who? *Laugh :laugh:
    if i were to buy a 8800gtx, ocz will be almost on the bottom of the list of choices since they don't have experience

3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s highly anticipated Sets feature is not ready for testing yet - Similar Threads - 10’s highly anticipated

2. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  3. Is windows 11 ready yet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 ready yet?: I am building a brand new pc and I purchased windows 11 for my OS. I installed windows fine but then windows crashed. After the crash windows never finishes booting. There are no backups to recover to. I tried to reinstall windows but the storage drive isn’t visible. On my...
  4. "Japanese IME is not ready yet" for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet" for windows 10: I am constantly getting "Japanese IME is not ready yet" error on my windows 10. Confirmed the language pack has been successfully installed and tried the workaround such as switching on the compatibility to enable the old version, restarting however none of these have solved...
  5. "Japanese IME is not ready yet" for windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Japanese IME is not ready yet" for windows 10: I am constantly getting "Japanese IME is not ready yet" error on my windows 10. Confirmed the language pack has been successfully installed and tried the workaround such as switching on the compatibility to enable the old version, restarting however none of these have solved...
  6. "Japanese IME is not ready yet" for windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch: Windows 10 version 20H2 is a service pack-style upgrade and Microsoft has again confirmed that this update will be rolled out via an enablement package. The update won’t just offer minor changes, but some bigger improvements too, including the theme-aware Start Menu. Windows...
  8. Windows 10's Set feature is Dead, it appears

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10's Set feature is Dead, it appears: Remember the Sets feature that Microsoft revealed back in 2018 and even included in some Insider Builds back then? That feature seems to be dead and buried even though you find conflicting reports right now on the Internet. Microsoft designed Sets as a way for Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next update might not come with highly anticipated Smart Upgrade feature: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corner and it comes with a bunch of exciting features that you can find here. One of the best features is the Smart Upgrade that uses artificial intelligence to improve the quality and reliability of the Windows Updates....
  10. Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 9855 Ready for Testing: Microsoft has already shipped Windows 10 Preview build 9841 to users, but the company continues work on new versions that should be released for everyone in the coming weeks and months. Windows 10 build 9855 has recently been spotted online, confirming that a new testing...