Windows 10: Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix

Discus and support Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Microsoft issues Windows 10 Patch Tuesday update with security patches, it’s usually recommended that you should grab the patch immediately. These... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 23, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix

When Microsoft issues Windows 10 Patch Tuesday update with security patches, it’s usually recommended that you should grab the patch immediately. These updates are visible if you go to the Windows Update page in Settings and check for updates. Microsoft says Windows 10 will automatically download the update since they’re important.

Unfortunately, it looks like Microsoft has again managed to break the Windows Update process as widespread reports suggest that Windows 10 KB4571756 is failing to install for some users.

Unfortunately, Windows Update troubleshooter, sfc, dism don’t fix error. If you don’t have the issue right now, it’s possible that it’ll show up in future, which appears to be the case for many users.

In fact, some users have pointed out that they’ve been unable to patch their devices with September, August and even July updates after Microsoft broke the update process.

According to our comments section, community forum, Feedback Hub, and other complaints on Reddit, Windows 10 KB4571756 is failing to install with the following errors:

“There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f081f).”

Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix Windows-10-update-error-0x800f081f.jpg

And…

“There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. 2020-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems (KB4571756) – Error 0x800f0922.”

Windows 10 KB4571756 or future updates could also fail to install with the following error messages:

• 0x800f081f
    • 0x800f0922
    • 0x8007025d
    • 0x800f0988
    • 0x8007000d
    • We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down.
    How to fix Windows Update errors

The good news is that if you get an update error highlighted above, you might still be able to install the cumulative update manually using the Microsoft Update Catalog or Media Creation Tool.

When you run the media installation tool and use ‘Upgrade this PC now’ option, it will assume that you want to reinstall the latest cumulative update, which is exactly what you need to do.

This is not a clean install and your files won’t be removed. Instead, Media Creation Tool will allow you to apply updates missing on your device. Currently, Microsoft is offering Build 19041.500 via the Media Creation Tool, but the tool will be refreshed with Build 19041.508 (September update) by the end of this month.

That’s because the tool is now updated in the third or fourth week of every month with the latest Patch Tuesday release.

It’s possible that Microsoft is aware of these reports and they’ll fix the mess with Windows 10’s October 2020 Update, which is arriving later this year.

The post Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 23, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 23, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 23, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10’s important updates may fail to install, but there’s a fix - Similar Threads - 10’s important updates

2. Is't may important download and installed updates in win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is't may important download and installed updates in win 10?: why need updates win 10 computer?When I tried updates installed on my win 10 computer, all of app config was changed. To use of them in my computer, the work of set is necessity in manual....
  3. Is't may important download and installed updates in win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is't may important download and installed updates in win 10?: why need updates win 10 computer?When I tried updates installed on my win 10 computer, all of app config was changed. To use of them in my computer, the work of set is necessity in manual....
  4. Is't may important download and installed updates in win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Failed to install on ‎10/‎May/‎2021 - 0x800706be

Failed to install on ‎10/‎May/‎2021 - 0x800706be: Hi my machine has been trying to install 2021-04 Cumulative update for windows 10 version 20H2 for 64-based systems KB5001330 for weeks now but it keeps failing. I have run the trouble shooter but it gets stuck saying pending restart.Now its also saying "Your device is...
  6. How to Install Windows 10’s May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Install Windows 10’s May 2020 Update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Anna_Jack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs0v53/how_to_install_windows_10s_may_2020_update/
  7. Windows 10’s important security update is failing to install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s important security update is failing to install: Microsoft released Windows 10 updates on Tuesday to fix a security bug reported by the United States’ National Security Agency (NSA). Unfortunately, the Redmond, Washington tech giant’s latest update for Windows 10 has also run into installation problems. For context, users...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 May update failed to install

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 May update failed to install: Hi. Windows 10, Version 1809 for x64 base system. Having trouble with May update, failed to install error code 0x80240034. Tried a couple of times. Maybe its not downloading x64 ?? Last update I received was, Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 1809 for x64 based systems...
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 update fail

Windows 10 May 2019 update fail: Error occured on "working on updates" phase of update "0x80070005 - 0x2000A Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation" Very strange as on tis Laptop on a dual boot other partition is my Insider Preview instalation which has...
  10. Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing

Windows 10 May 2019 update failed installing: I was trying to update my pc and got a blue screen watchdog violation in the middle of this new update. My hardware is Ryzen 5 2600x with 4F Asus and 16GB RBG....